PDA

View Full Version : belsaw 9103

phil harold
08-24-2011, 10:55 PM
I picked one up today for 250, 3hp, looks like it needs the small belt replaced
any other parts I should look at for damage or problems?

It is a replacement for my 12" Delta lunch box that has been used and abused and is getting a little tired...

also picked up a veneer press old wood rags, box of sharpening stones and some other cramps

any advice on the planer would be helpful!

David Nelson1
08-25-2011, 7:04 AM
Looks good. Hopefully you got the owners manual with it. I would sharpen the blades and then go back and check all of adjustments and alighments. I alwaays thought the Belsaw and the woodmaster where the same machine. I can see chains where the woodmaster has belts, the hood attaches differently, looks as if the in feed and outfeed adjustment mechanisms are different, but the thing that I see least appears the same is the lack of a chip breaker. I use my woodmaster as a molder and gang rip. Good luck with it.

Don Jarvie
08-25-2011, 3:43 PM
The 9103 is a very good planer and will tackle almost anything. I have one myself and did a complete resto on it. The manual is available at belsaw.com. Plug it in and run a board. The board should be the same thickness across, if not the table needs to be adjusted. That is done by removing the chain at the bottom and each post can be adjusted up and down.

You should have to push the board into the feeder and it should take a little effort. You should clean it up, I used 3:1 oil on a rag and just went over the chains. The rollers look good so just wiping them down should be all that you need.

Feel free to send any questions my way.
Don

phil harold
08-31-2011, 3:27 PM
thanks for the tips Don

running like a champ

Bryan Cowing
09-01-2011, 6:40 AM
add drops of oil to the dimples in the bronze bearings of the feed rolls. Sprocket oil holes, 1-2 drops every 14-21 days of operation. My Manual does not show where to oil, you have to find these areas. My Foley 344 now gets ocasional use making crown. I bought 2 sizes of Asian made cutters, adjusted the width of the aluminum jam blocks to fit the slot.