PDA

View Full Version : Is this day over yet?

Jim Underwood
08-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Welp. I started the day out with a bang by crunching the front end of my pickup into the back end of someone else's car. Got a nice rash from the airbags deploying, otherwise no one was hurt. The other guy's car barely had a dent, but mine.. uggg. Not pretty. Perhaps being a clean low mileage truck will keep it from being totalled by the two $2500 airbags...

Once I finally got to work, I didn't have a chance to setup the new PC sitting in the office, since the CNC Router operator got at tool body stuck in the spindle. Spent the rest of the morning trying to sort that out, and finally got the spindle rebuilder to drop by this evening... And then I have an edgebander that needs fixed, so I have technician coming in the AM for that. Finally got to the PC late this afternoon, but got interrupted and it still sits incomplete on the desk. Nice thing is that a little lube in the right place fixed the Router spindle. Unbelievable! I thought I'd put too much lube on that thing... Next time the stinking thing will definitely get enough lube...

Finally got home about 8:30 PM and ate some ice cream, took a shower and finally started unwinding... I was supposed to do a little turning in the shop this evening, but too worn out mentally for it.

Hope tomorrow goes a little better... Glad today's on it's way out...

Ken Fitzgerald
08-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you! Care to guess who won today Jim?

I hope things go better for you tomorrow!

Belinda Barfield
08-25-2011, 9:27 AM
Happy day after yesterday, Jim. Hope things are better today. It does seem sometimes that once one thing goes wrong the rest of the day just goes downhill.

Jerome Stanek
08-25-2011, 5:56 PM
You know what they say some days you get the elevator and others you get the shaft. Today was like that started out running jogged the spindle and the dust collector hose came off. then went to CnC a job only to find out the parts where the wrong size so I moved on to the next job it ran the first part and then on the Tool change the spindle got stuck had to shut to fix it. latter the boss came around and said there was going to be a lay off I was one of them.

Belinda Barfield
08-25-2011, 9:11 PM
[QUOTE=Jerome Stanek;1765566 latter the boss came around and said there was going to be a lay off I was one of them.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that Jerome.

Jim Underwood
08-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Dang Jerome.... Guess my day could have been worse.

Sorry to hear about your layoff. I sincerely hope you find another job soon.

Today is much better for me. Found out I have comprehensive insurance and this repair will be covered. It's also the first claim we've ever made, so it probably won't affect our premiums.
The Komo is fixed, the Holzer edgebander is fixed, and I'm spending time setting up the PC and doing officey type work today... And the truck will soon be on it's way to the body shop.

Larry Browning
08-26-2011, 1:55 PM
"Found out I have comprehensive insurance and this repair will be covered."
Ok, I'm a bit confused. I thought comprehensive insurance covers stuff like a tree falling on your car, hail damage or hitting a deer (Like what my wife did in my pickup last Tuesday). Also, the insurance adjuster assured me that a comprehensive claim has no affect on rates. Your accident sounds more like it would be covered by collision insurance, which can affect your rates.

Jerome Stanek
08-26-2011, 5:10 PM
I am not to sad about the lay off I can make it till they call ne back. I knew it was coming so I had prepared for it. The size of the first job was a mistake by the company not mine the Biesse tool changer just had a brain fart and shutting it down and restarting fixed it just had to rerun the part again it had just finished the drill routine. they also asked some of the people that have 20 to 30 years in to take a day here and there off. They have a lot of proposals out but nothing is coming in yet.