PDA

View Full Version : Hip replacement, prayers needed

Charles McKinley
02-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Hi All,

My Dad is having his hip replaced tomorrow and is afraid he won't make it through the surgery. He is only 61 and in good health otherwise, but there always is that chance.

Thanks

Bruce Page
02-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Charles, good luck to your dad tomorrow. My father-in-law had his second replacement last year and is doing very well with it.

Greg Tatum
02-21-2005, 11:36 PM
My prayers will be with him....

61 and in good health; he should do well.

regards,
Greg

Boyd Gathwright
02-21-2005, 11:55 PM
.... Piece of cake Chuck but I 'll shoot up a special request tonight just for him.
.... Good luck :).

Boyd

Hi All,

My Dad is having his hip replaced tomorrow and is afraid he won't make it through the surgery. He is only 61 and in good health otherwise, but there always is that chance.

Thanks

Warren White
02-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Chuck,
It may be apples and oranges, but a very dear friend of our family had her hip replaced last Sunday and she is doing very well. She is totally blind and 96 (yup, 96!!) years old. She has already been up and walking a bit more each day.

I would say that your father will be just fine. It is much easier to recover from hip replacement than knee replacement. (Another friend of mine has had both....the comparison comes from her.)

Best wishes to your father,
Warren White

Jeff Sudmeier
02-22-2005, 8:19 AM
As others have said, there is always risk, but your father should do just fine.

That said, surgery is never routine, we will be thinking of you and prayers will be sent :)

Let us know how it goes!

Jeff

Jim Dunn
02-22-2005, 9:15 AM
I'm sure he'll do fine, but a prayer is on the way. A friend had his knee replaced at 63 and he was/is over weight by a bunch and he did fine.
Jim

Ken Fitzgerald
02-22-2005, 9:19 AM
Charles....Good Luck to your Dad. My FIL, 86, had a total knee replacement in December. He's now walking without pain and threw away his walker 3 weeks after surgery. Surgeries are never routine. You and your Dad are in our thoughts!

Mark Singer
02-22-2005, 9:56 AM
I wish him the very best!

Dennis Peacock
02-22-2005, 1:57 PM
NOt a problem. Prayers will rise in support of your father during his surgery and for his quick recovery.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
02-22-2005, 9:51 PM
Add my prayers as well.

Christopher Stahl
02-22-2005, 11:15 PM
He'll be in my prayers.

chris

Jerry Olexa
02-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Cathy and I will pray for him.

Larry VanWinkle
02-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Chuck,

I don't know your dad's name ... but God does ... it's on the way!

Just as I am,
Larry

John Miliunas
02-23-2005, 1:36 PM
Add mine to the list, Chuck! The Big Guy hears from me daily!:)

larry merlau
02-23-2005, 1:40 PM
well chuck another creeker is sending the needed supplies, my mom has had that done 10 yrsa ago and she is 71 at 69 broke her hip and has ostiperios to go along with a bad situtuaion as well but she made it, and i am sure your dad will to but we will be doing our part just the same./larry

Charles McKinley
02-23-2005, 2:23 PM
Thank All of you for your thoughts and prayers! :)

Dad (Earle) came through fine. They did not cement the joint so the Dr. said it should be 3 weeks before he puts weight on it. They said it would be stronger in the long run this way.

I still haven't seen him. I put the car in the ditch on the way to the hospital last night. :mad: I'm fine and just a turn singnal indicator and head lamp assembly that I have on a parts car.

If it's not one thing it is ten.

Thank you all again,

Karl Laustrup
02-23-2005, 2:53 PM
Glad your dad is doing well. :)

Bummer on the ditch.:( Sounds like your luck runs about like mine. If it weren't for bad, I wouldn't have any. Hang in there. :)

Jeff Sudmeier
02-23-2005, 3:16 PM
Charles,

Thanks for the update! I am glad that he did fine...

Sorry to hear about putting your car in the ditch, but it sounds like you should be able to fix that right up...

All in all, everything is getting fixed up so that you won't have to worry about it :)

Hope your dad heals well!

jeff