PDA

View Full Version : The shed

Phil Phelps
04-19-2003, 10:00 PM
I finally finished the "shed" a few weeks ago. I've taken all the ribbin' one could handle with this endless project. I had to dismantle the old shed and build a new one. I'm still playing with a ramp for the front, hence the unfinished rock foundation. I admit I'm a little eccentric, but what the heck. You can't see the basement or the Jacuzzi from this view. Hmmm. Well, maybe I forgot to include them. This silly project consumed more time than I'll admit to spending. And, no Jason, I did the "ol' timers" paint job. My advise to those who follow suit, "go buy one". I've since painted my house and am now on another "home improvement" project. Gotta' do the outside stuff in Texas before the summer hits.

John Miliunas
04-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Not too shabby at all there, Phil! Very professional looking job, at that. What are the final dimensions on it? Storing fun stuff (as in wood for projects, etc...) or tools to do more work with (as in lawn & garden stuff)? :cool:

Mike Mastin
04-19-2003, 10:32 PM
For a sign guy, you do some pretty good work ;-)

David Rose
04-19-2003, 11:09 PM
see it or he will suggest I update my "appliance shed". :D And mine is indoors even!

David

Phil Phelps
04-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by John Miliunas
Not too shabby at all there, Phil! Very professional looking job, at that. What are the final dimensions on it? Storing fun stuff (as in wood for projects, etc...) or tools to do more work with (as in lawn & garden stuff)? :cool:
John, I actually salvaged the plywood floor and the wall studs, and used them for rafters. I'ts only 6x10. But I added head room. Strictly for the lawn stuff. I'm 100% gas powered. Lawn trimmer, blower, mower, chain saws, hedge trimmer, tiller, all gas. I hate cords. The added height enabled me to have "floor space" and I'm not bangin' my head on the door jamb. :p
P.S. I used that air flow ridge on the roof. On sale at the HD for $3.00 @ 4' strips. Allows the air to escape through the top to the roof. Great place to experiment.

Bob Lasley
04-19-2003, 11:22 PM
You forgot the quarter moon in the door! I don't see a vent pipe either. Come to think of it, I thought you guys had indoor plumbing in Dallas.

Nice looking shed. You did a great job!

Bob

Phil Phelps
04-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Bob Lasley
You forgot the quarter moon in the door! I don't see a vent pipe either. Come to think of it, I thought you guys had indoor plumbing in Dallas.

Nice looking shed. You did a great job!

Bob
You and, my neighbors, Bob. It's that pitch on the roof. I layed it out on the table and didn't realize how steep it was 'till I roofed the sucker. Gave me a lot of respect for a roofer. Hind sight, huh? Thanks, Bob.

Tom Sweeney
04-19-2003, 11:51 PM
The end result looks great ! Rome wasn't built in a day you know - course I'm not sure it took as long as your shed did :D

KIDDING - Heck I think I've been working on an 18" X 11" cutting board almost as long as you took for the shed - & I haven't even taken any Golf breaks ;)

Bruce Page
04-19-2003, 11:56 PM
Eccentric eh? My wife calls me anal. Whenever I build something that will live outdoors, I built it to survive a direct nuclear hit. Beautiful job, I really like the stone foundation.

Bruce

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied. -- Claud Cockburn