PDA

View Full Version : Survived the move ... and Corel Question

Andrea Weissenseel
08-22-2011, 2:09 PM
.. hi all,

my machine (and I) survived the move and got backup running today :D

Now I'm fighting Windows 7 :o installed the Font Navigator with my X5, but it won't start. It keeps asking me if I will allow the program to make changes to my system - I click "yes" then it closes and nothing happens - any ideas ?

Thx for help, Andrea

Mike vonBuelow
08-22-2011, 2:33 PM
W7 = Grrrrrrr!

I returned mine - not worth all the hassles.

Sorry I can't help

Mike Null
08-22-2011, 2:55 PM
Andrea

Did you install the latest CorelDraw service pack. I believe it is number three which will also install 1 and 2.

Craig Matheny
08-22-2011, 3:33 PM
Try running it in Administrator mode

John Noell
08-22-2011, 3:36 PM
Overall, I love Win7. When it comes to Font Navigation software, there isn't anything I have tested that works proprerly (and works like I need it). In general, when software written for earlier version of Windows does not work properly the first thing to try is run it in Compatiblity mode (check both 'Run as in XP' and 'run as administrator). Switching to a newer OS always has such issues. (Some of remember switching to Win 3.1, then 95, then 98, then 98SE, then XP...)

Dee Gallo
08-22-2011, 4:54 PM
I can't help you on Win7, I'm in the dark ages with X3. BUT! Congratulations on surviving the move and not breaking your laser in the process! Now if you could just find your shoes....

:D dee

Jiten Patel
08-23-2011, 4:17 AM
Hi, Glad the move went well. I use Suitcase Fusion with win 7 and Illustrator and it works a treat. Very easy to use and hasn't failed me yet.

Andrea Weissenseel
08-23-2011, 5:11 AM
Thank you all :)

I really do like W7 also. Did not install the SP3 yet, but I tried to run Font Navigator in compatibility mode and as administrator - all did not work. I'll install the SP this week.

Jit, thx for that tip I'll check that out

Dee, shoes are not the problem - but missing several things lol

As soon as I'm all set up, I'll post some pics of my "baby" on the lift - it was pretty exiting :D