PDA

View Full Version : OT Thunderbird 6.0 problem....

Chuck Wintle
08-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I cannot send email from thunderbird 6.0 using my isp email account(receives email without problem), my gmail account works just fine, sending and receiving, and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
thx,
chuck

Dan Hintz
08-22-2011, 1:24 PM
I upgraded last night, and I've only tried sending via Gmail... guess I better try my other business accounts :-/

Jim O'Dell
08-22-2011, 9:41 PM
Mine upgraded, but I think it was over the weekend. It is working fine. I've not let Firefox upgrade yet because none of the addons will work with it, and no upgrades to them yet. Jim.

Shawn Pixley
08-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Both my upgraded Thunderbird and Firefox work perfectly. Don't know what to tell you.

Curt Harms
08-23-2011, 8:28 AM
Chuck, you've probably thought of this but check the stmp port number. The default is -I think- 25 and email providers have been going away from that.

Chuck Wintle
08-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Chuck, you've probably thought of this but check the stmp port number. The default is -I think- 25 and email providers have been going away from that.

Hi Curt,

That works!! Thanks. I had tried every combination of port number and security/no security and up to now it refused to work. For whatever reason it now works?!

chuck