PDA

View Full Version : Mrylte Beach

Dahl Troy Perry
08-21-2011, 8:37 PM
My wife is killing me we planed a vacation to Pigeon Forge planed the wood stores to stop at :) Since I'm running low on wood to turn. Now she said we were giong to Pigeon Forge by way of Mrylte Beach she needs a day or two in the sun I don't like the beach I'm scared that someone mite mistake me and try to roll me back into the water to save my life:) SO is there any wood stores near Mrylte Beach I'll have all day to get there she won't leave the beach.I have to keep her happy I want a new lathe after this.

Roger Chandler
08-21-2011, 8:40 PM
I'll have all day to get there she won't leave the beach.I have to keep her happy I want a new lathe after this.

Good luck with that one Dahl! ;):D:rolleyes:

Von Bickley
08-21-2011, 9:56 PM
Woodworking at Myrtle Beach........ You're out of luck on that one. Maybe you can take a few good woodworking books with you.

At one time, there was a small tool store at the "501 outlets" but I don't know if it is still there. Highway 501 is the road between Myrtle Beach and Conway, SC.

There is a Bass Pro shop in North Myrtle Beach where you could kill some time.

While you are at Pigeon Forge, be sure to check out the Smoky Mountain Knife Works at Seiverville. There is also a Big Tool store next to the Knife store but I have not had a chance to visit the tool store.... Check it out.

While at Pigeon Forge, you should make plans to eat at the "Apple Barn" or/and the "Old Mill".

You will probably enjoy riding thru the Craftsman Community at Gatlinburg.

A drive thru Cades Cove is nice with a chance to see deer, turkeys and sometimes a bear.

Pigeon Forge by way of Myrtle Beach sure is out of the way...... Have fun and enjoy your trip.

Alec Moseley
08-22-2011, 1:26 PM
I don't know about in Myrtle Beach, but if you drive from there to Pigeon Forge, you will go pretty close to the location of the "Got Wood?" dealers at 80 Winn Road, Donalds, SC, where they have some beautiful turning stock (it takes a little effort to get there from the Interstate, and you should call and let them know you're coming). You could also vary your route some and go through Gastonia NC, and stop at the Sawmill, located at 5048 Reinhardt Circle,
Iron Station, NC, another great place for turning wood (again, call and let someone know you're headed over that way). Nice people at both places. Surely you should be allowed a little detour.