PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Sawzall 6520-81 (6520-21 Reconditioned) Review

Anthony Whitesell
08-21-2011, 3:32 PM
I received my Milwaukee Sawzall 6520-81 (6520-21 Reconditioned) from Tool King earlier this week. The case and saw look new with the exception of an inscription on the bottom of the handle. Most likely initials and date. Based on the date (6-11) I would think the saw was bad right out the box and returned immediately.

The pluses include a comfortable grip (for me) and it runs very smooth and much quiter than my old Craftsman. On the downside, the tooless release is a bit hard to get to when it is in the inward 25% of the stroke. I don't know if it is an issue with the saw or the circuit breaker, but I could not run the saw directly (ie., no extension cords) on a 15A GFCI breaker. It ran fine on a 20A breaker with 50' of 14ga extension cords. I don't know if it was the 15A or the GFCI the saw did not like.

I was cutting down some 1 to 4" diameter live brush with a used 9" wood demo blade and using the orbial action. I was like cutting butter with a hot knife on a hot day, the saw was so smooth and easy to handle with one hand.

Paul McGaha
08-21-2011, 7:34 PM
Anthony,

Suggest you try it on a few ground fault receptacles if you can.

If it makes all of them trip the tool has a ground fault and should be returned

Pretty sure I've ran mine off a 15 amp circuit without issues.

PHM