PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage------------tool gloat

Gary Max
08-20-2011, 4:44 PM
I just couldn't stand it, had to see how well my new trailer was going to work hauling logs/blanks home. Here's a pair of Sassafrass logs I just hauled home. I spent the extra money and got 5,500 lbs axles.

Steve Schlumpf
08-20-2011, 4:54 PM
WOW!! Looks like quite the trailer!! Have to ask... how in the world did you get those logs onto the trailer??

Mark Engel
08-20-2011, 4:54 PM
Looks like it did real well.

Tony De Masi
08-20-2011, 5:08 PM
Nice haul and hauler too. I hope those were loaded on the trailer for you.

John Keeton
08-20-2011, 5:14 PM
That's a lot of trailer!!!! And, a lot of sassafras! I hope you like turning it better than did I - not one of my favorites for turning. Not bad for flatwork, though.

Bob Bergstrom
08-20-2011, 5:19 PM
Oh boy!! Fill the trailer up and watch the gas gauge go down. Hope that pickup is a diesel. LOL.

Gary Max
08-20-2011, 5:44 PM
WOW!! Looks like quite the trailer!! Have to ask... how in the world did you get those logs onto the trailer??

These where bought at a logging yard---- I just stood there and watched a loader drop them both on the trailer at the same time.

Gary Max
08-20-2011, 5:46 PM
360 Hemi----and it knows where the gas stations are

Steve Schlumpf
08-20-2011, 5:50 PM
Well - that makes sense!! I just couldn't figure a way for one person to do that... and have enough energy to type up a gloat about it!!

Gary Max
08-20-2011, 6:15 PM
Steve I cut them in thirds on the trailer and spin the logs sideways. They are easy to roll off from that point.

Tim Thiebaut
08-20-2011, 6:20 PM
That trailer isnt even breaking a sweat witht those logs, congrat on the new trailer...my dodge 2500 has the V10 magnum....I know where the gas stations are to...!!

Gary Max
08-20-2011, 6:33 PM
I did turn a HF today--- the wood is stained with dark streaks and grey spots. Going to peddler the finished product as primative with a soft matte finish.

Greg Just
08-20-2011, 7:49 PM
Now that's a trailer. I just purchased a new pickup and next I need a trailer! Looks like that should handle just about all your needs.

Gary Max
08-20-2011, 7:55 PM
I just bought the truck---6 foot bed with a hard shell cover on it---- I got a good enough deal on the truck to pay for the trailer. I have missed to many good deal on logs because I could not haul them.

Roger Chandler
08-20-2011, 8:02 PM
REAL nice wood hauler!

Baxter Smith
08-20-2011, 8:03 PM
Great looking rig Gary! Sort of glad I don't have something that big. Almost afraid of what I might try and haul home.

Pete Jordan
08-20-2011, 8:04 PM
That is soooo sweet!

Congrats on the trailer and the truck!

charlie knighton
08-20-2011, 8:06 PM
Gary, congratulations on trailer and truck, the sasafrass smells great while turning, enjoy

Greg Just
08-20-2011, 8:19 PM
I just bought the truck---6 foot bed with a hard shell cover on it---- I got a good enough deal on the truck to pay for the trailer. I have missed to many good deal on logs because I could not haul them.

Went to get my topper installed today and they called after I dropped the truck off and they ordered the wrong one. Apparently a GMC bed and Silverado are not the same size and shape - I get to wait another 2-3 weeks! I have had the truck about 2 months

Dwight McNutt
08-20-2011, 9:22 PM
Gary, nice looking truck, trailer, and load. Hope many more loads grace your doorstep, and Thanks for buying an American product.

Bruce

Gary Max
08-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Dewight that comes back to one of my pet peevees---------Service
For me everything fits into 2 groups
1)things that get fixed
2)stuff that gets trashed
I hope to haul some Walnut home real soon---we are just about sold out of it.

Bernie Weishapl
08-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Gary I must say great haul, hauler and nice puller. How do you like the hard cover? I sure do like mine and had a bed rug installed. What is nice about it is you can sit your chain saw by the tailgate and it is there when you stop. Nothing moves on that bed rug.

Robert Snowden
08-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Glad to see you doing well

Gary Max
08-21-2011, 2:01 AM
Gary I must say great haul, hauler and nice puller. How do you like the hard cover? I sure do like mine and had a bed rug installed. What is nice about it is you can sit your chain saw by the tailgate and it is there when you stop. Nothing moves on that bed rug.

Bernie I am shopping for a spray in liner---so far $450.00 at the first place is shopped. I am sure I can do better.

Gary Max
08-21-2011, 2:06 AM
Glad to see you doing well

Thanks Robert---- you know the story---- even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

Bill Bolen
08-21-2011, 7:40 PM
Fine wood hauler Gary. I can see you won't be lacking for turning stock this winter!

Gary Max
08-21-2011, 7:42 PM
Bill that will be gone in the next 10 days.
We are heading into show season and I need the inventory.

Jeff Nicol
08-21-2011, 9:14 PM
Gary, I need a trailer like that to haul my old 1955 Ford 640 tractor around when I need to use it other than where I store it on my old 40 acres, now owned by one of my best friends so it is like it is still mine, but I don't have to pay the taxes! My buddy has a Dodge truck and it has the fuel saver thing where it runs on 4 cylinders once in a while and we took it for a fishing trip to the Northwest Angle of Minnisota and we got just under 20mpg with 4 of us in the truck and all our gear, so I hope you get that when not hauling big trailer loads!

I still have my urban log hauler trailer with the "I" beam and chain hoist on it for hauling logs so I don't need another one but I did get half of a 70' mobile home frame with the tongue on it and I have 2 6000# axles to put under it so some day I may have my big trailer. Just need to find time, and soon I will have some, if all goes well.

Have fun and nice toys,

Jeff

Tim Rinehart
08-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Gary, that looks like a pretty darn sturdy trailer...nice!! You may want to take a look at Jeff Nicol's site to see his Urban Log Hauler video...it would be a nice upgrade to that trailer. Ever since I saw the video....I keep wanting to find a used trailer and do something similar.