PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a Delta 36-L352 owner?

Greg McClurg
08-19-2011, 9:32 PM
I just purchased a new Delta unisaw model 36-L352. I'm looking for a mobile base for the saw and wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I know Delta makes one for this saw, but a few of the reviews are not favorable.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Doug Colombo
08-20-2011, 8:07 PM
I have the new Delta Unisaw and love it !!! I also bought the Delta mobile base and have had no issues with it at all. With that said, I do not move the saw that often - the reason I bought the mobile base is due to a pole in my basement shop. The only time that I need to move the saw is when I have to cut sheet goods larger than 45" and need to work around the pole. The times I have moved the saw, the mobile base worked very well - it handles the weight of the saw and the extension table with ease. It is a little abrupt when you lower the base to the lock position, but looking at the universial options, the Delta one looks far more robust. The complete frame is welded together, not bolted, and is very solid. I am very glad that I purchased it.

Greg McClurg
08-20-2011, 9:14 PM
Thanks Doug. That gives me a lot more confidence in purchasing one. I don't need to move the saw often, but when it's necessary the mobile base is definitely the way to go.

keith denbesten
08-21-2011, 10:33 AM
i have one as well. No real problems. Rolls well, handles the weight fine. Just have to watch that the extension table legs don't slip off the little platform they sit on, no big deal. I don't move mine much. The only thing is, this thing is long and parking it is kinda like docking an aircraft carrier.

Greg McClurg
08-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks Keith. What had me concerned is the picture you see when ordering is actually different than what the real base looks like. I didn't know that until I saw Doug's picture.

Greg