PDA

View Full Version : My latest LED Project.

Joe Kace
08-19-2011, 8:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share with the group my latest Pinball Topper led design. These go on top of the Pinball Machine, this one is for Creature from the Black Lagoon that Williams produced back in 1992. It was completely drawn from scratch by a professional artist ( not me ), hope you enjoy it.

Joe

Dee Gallo
08-19-2011, 8:41 PM
Nice! What size is this piece? Makes me wish I still had my pinball so I could make one too!

cheers, dee

Greg Bednar
08-19-2011, 9:11 PM
Very nice Joe. Where did you score such a long LED base?

Joe Kace
08-20-2011, 6:49 AM
Thank you for the compliments.
Dee, what pinball did you have? The piece is 24" X 6.5" 3/8th thick and flamed polished on all sides.
Greg, I have them custom made from a guy in Connecticut, I can't remember how I found him but he has his own LED sign line as well. They are 24" long .375 channel and the feet are 4" x .50". I get them powder coated locally from a friend. He can also make smaller or bigger if needed. If anybody would like his information PM me and I will give it to you.

Joe

Dee Gallo
08-20-2011, 8:18 AM
Thank you for the compliments.
Dee, what pinball did you have? The piece is 24" X 6.5" 3/8th thick and flamed polished on all sides.
Greg, I have them custom made from a guy in Connecticut, I can't remember how I found him but he has his own LED sign line as well. They are 24" long .375 channel and the feet are 4" x .50". I get them powder coated locally from a friend. He can also make smaller or bigger if needed. If anybody would like his information PM me and I will give it to you.

Joe

Joe, I had a Gottlieb Monte Carlo, very nice game, lots of action. We had to make room for a new pool table, so we sold it. But we regret losing it, it was a classic.

Joe Kace
08-20-2011, 8:24 AM
Pool table take over.. not in this house lol! If your ever looking to find one again you can go to Mr Pinball classifieds, that is when you remove the pool table. Great game, you don't see them around too much.

Doug Fennell
08-20-2011, 9:10 AM
Very, very cool. I could easily find a spot for that, even if it wasn't on top of a pinball table!

Joe Kace
08-20-2011, 9:54 AM
Thanks Doug, actually I do have a lot of customers that would like to use them for decoration and not pinball but I don't offer a power supply as of yet. I make a custom connector cable for each pinball machine I do since they are all somewhat different on where you pull the 12v from.

Neal Schlee
08-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Very nice Joe. Where did you score such a long LED base?

Lumenedge LED has various widths, lengths & colors of LED strips.
http://www.lumenedge.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=15

Neal

Doug Fennell
08-20-2011, 2:40 PM
This is still the coolest thing I've seen all day.

Greg Bednar
08-20-2011, 2:44 PM
Thanks Neal.

Lumenedge LED has various widths, lengths & colors of LED strips.
http://www.lumenedge.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=15

Neal

Martin Boekers
08-20-2011, 5:12 PM
Ahhh a fellow pinballer! I used to collect games. At one time I had about 30 all sorts pinball. baseball, video, bowlers. Some back to the early 30's
I just have a handful left in storage someday I'll get them out again. A few favorites include a Williams 1957 Baseball, Williams Line Drive, Bally Bobby Orr Power Play, and a rare first coin operated video, Computer Space. Kids now a days don't have an idea about these old games.

Joe Kace
08-20-2011, 8:03 PM
Hey Martin, nice to know there are more of me out there. My current line up is " The Shadow, Creature from the black lagoon, Party Zone, batman forever, no fear, tales of the Arabian nights for pinballs, VIDS- Robotron, Omega Race, Tempest, pac-man and battlezone. I have been collecting for about 8 years now, I have had over 160 pins come through my door, buy and sell or trade. That computer Space is worth alot of money if it's working, my friend has Space Race that we drove a total of 18 hours to get. Keep Flippin

Joe

Ken Shea
08-21-2011, 12:51 AM
this one is for Creature from the Black Lagoon that Williams produced back in 1992. Joe Outstanding Joe ! The Creature from The black Lagoon ran first in 1954, in B&W no less :) Ken

Martin Boekers
08-21-2011, 3:09 PM
Joe, Battle zone and Tempest were 2 of my favorites. I used to like Defender a lot until I was at an arcade and a kid
about 7 years old stepped up on a chair moved like lightning and just blew away my high score. That did it! No more
defender for me. :-(

Years ago we used to have a pinball show sale and tournament at a local hotel, alot of fun. I also put on a bus tour tournament
that hit several local bars that had machines. It was sort of a pinball scramble similar to golf that way everyone stood a chance.

One of these days I'll start getting rid of some of these machines as most haven't been played in a while.

Keep the Silver Balls rolling!

Mike Berndt
08-21-2011, 4:13 PM
Hi Joe,
Was that image laser engraved or vectored on the plexi topper????

Joe Kace
08-21-2011, 4:44 PM
Hi Mike,

It was laser engraved.

Bill Cunningham
08-21-2011, 7:34 PM
Outstanding Joe ! The Creature from The black Lagoon ran first in 1954, in B&W no less :) Ken

Yup, and this is the movie that made me want to be a Commercial Diver when I grew up.. It was shot at Crystal springs Fla. I can remember after seeing it way back then, running around the house with shoebox SCUBA tank strapped to my back hunting monsters..hahah The Creature movie has been released on DVD, along with the two sequels, and I got em all.. I love the LED game topper..