PDA

View Full Version : Installation instructuons for after market Delta splitter?

Todd Davidson
02-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Does anybody have the installation instructions for the Delta after market splitter (part #1349941) that they would be willing to e-mail me?

Tim Morton
02-21-2005, 3:04 PM
The best place to get the instructions is from the biesemeyer site. Go to the installation page and download the PDF for the overhead guard. In that PDF are the 3 pages you need that pertain to the delta removable splitter. The only thing i struggled with was aligning the mounting bracket to the arbor. :cool:

Jerry Olexa
02-21-2005, 3:10 PM
Or call Delta's 800 # and they will fax/mail it to you...

Todd Davidson
02-21-2005, 5:00 PM
Tim~

Much appreciate being pointed to the Biesmeyer site - found exactly what I needed.

Jerry~

Did contact Delta (don't have a fax readily available and I was hoping to install the splitter asap), but have found SMC to be a great place with great people (who have the knowledge and are willing to share) so I posted here as well.

Thank you both for replying!

Jim DeLaney
02-21-2005, 5:54 PM
Does anybody have the installation instructions for the Delta after market splitter (part #1349941) that they would be willing to e-mail me?

Mark Goodal has them on his website: happywoodworking.com

Gary Groves
02-21-2005, 8:15 PM
I had the same problem. I ordered the cheap Delta aftermarket splitter through my local Woodcraft (they didn't even upcharge me for it).

But, the splitter didn't have any instructions. So I putzed (is that a word?), for a long time. Part of the problem was that my saw only had 2 holes for the bolts. But, the splitter had 4 holes.

Then, trying to figure out how the spring was attached.....

Finally have it on, don't know if it's correct, but the the splitter is alligned and seemed to do a good job as I ruined some wood tonight :( .

Overall, it was PITA, but since I'm on trying to upgrade safety and I'm on a budget, I wasn't expecting much for a $30 splitter.

But, now I've got the DC hooked up, and a removable splitter too!:)

Tim Morton
02-21-2005, 8:28 PM
I had the same problem. I ordered the cheap Delta aftermarket splitter through my local Woodcraft (they didn't even upcharge me for it).

But, the splitter didn't have any instructions. So I putzed (is that a word?), for a long time. Part of the problem was that my saw only had 2 holes for the bolts. But, the splitter had 4 holes.

Then, trying to figure out how the spring was attached.....

Finally have it on, don't know if it's correct, but the the splitter is alligned and seemed to do a good job as I ruined some wood tonight .

Overall, it was PITA, but since I'm on trying to upgrade safety and I'm on a budget, I wasn't expecting much for a $30 splitter.

But, now I've got the DC hooked up, and a removable splitter too!

searching google for "delta removable splitter" shows many links to the instructions...I LOVE google for that kind of stuff!!! I would recommend downloading them from someplace and double checking your install just to be safe.

Todd Davidson
02-21-2005, 9:41 PM
Downloaded the installation instructions from the Biesmeyer home page (go to installation sheets, then safety devices, then overhead guard - pgs7,8,9) as Tim earlier recommended. Install should be a breeze now that all the pieces make sense. :)

Tim Morton
02-21-2005, 10:22 PM
heres a helpful hint....prepare in advance that you will drop the screws at least once while reaching down the mount the bracket to the arbor. I dropped it twice. Other than that its about a 1o minute job start to finish.

Gary Groves
02-22-2005, 8:20 AM
I visited the Delta website, and poked around a bit. Couldn't find the instructions. So, I left an message/e-mail for support. Let's see how quickly they get back. I think the automated reply said they would get back to me in a day. Especially since I don't have a part #. I'll have to go back to Fine woodworking's site to look it up.

John M. Cioffi
02-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Todd,

I've been around the Biesmeyer site several times & couldn't find anything.
Could someone help with that.please.
Thanks,
John

Tim Morton
02-22-2005, 1:07 PM
http://www.biesemeyer.com/print/safety/Blade%20guard%20manual.pdf
click

pages 6,7 and 8.... :confused:

I visited the Delta website, and poked around a bit. Couldn't find the instructions. So, I left an message/e-mail for support. Let's see how quickly they get back. I think the automated reply said they would get back to me in a day. Especially since I don't have a part #. I'll have to go back to Fine woodworking's site to look it up.

Click on the link gary and it should download automatically..then go to page 6 and you should be all set. If that doesn't wotk i could email it to you if you want.

Hal Flynt
02-22-2005, 3:21 PM
http://media.ptg-online.com/media/dm/PartsLists/20040413130211_CS16.pdf

I found this on Delta.