PDA

View Full Version : Creeker delivery/visit

Max Schultz
02-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Had a very pleasant visit with fellow Creeker and his lovely wife while delivering some lumber (in background) he had purchased from me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/piddler/FellowCreeker003.jpg
When meeting Ralph & Jan Barhorst, I & my wife were cordially welcomed into their home after we had unloaded the lumber. We were both very impressed with the talents and skill levels of both Ralph and Jan. We were shown some of Ralph's projects which include a side table, a floor lamp that was partially completed and one that was but awaiting stain glass from Ralph's brother, and something that I was extemely impressed with was a Blanket Chest that Ralph had made panels with inlays of different species of wood that matched a quilt that Jan had made which was on the bed. My only regret was that I did not take photos that I could post.
Very Very Beautiful! I do hope that Ralph will take the time and post some pictures if he has not already in previous posts.
Ralph & Jan gave us a tour of their lovely home which included Ralph's very efficient bsement workshop and my wife and I were equally impressed.
I just wanted to relate to all that this is another one of the reasons that I frequent this forum as again, I have met and learned from some remarkable people.
Max Schultz

Ralph Barhorst
02-21-2005, 11:41 AM
My wife and I really enjoyed the visit. Max and his wife Linda were great. They actually delivered the wood and helped unload it. If is very nice Birch. The weather wasn't the best yesterday, but Max had wrapped the wood in a heavy plastic so the wood is in great shape.

My son-in-law is coming over today to get some of the wood. He is building a trestle table out of Birch and needs some additional pieces. We will probably spend the afternoon resawing and planing the Birch. I have already resawed and planed a small piece and it will give me two pieces finished at 3/4" thick. Of course the finished pieces are bookmatched.

Mark Valsi
02-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Max,

I've lived in So. Cal for 38 years . . .. BUT I'M STILL A BUCKEYE !!!

born in warren OH 1944

Ron Robinson
02-21-2005, 2:40 PM
Mark,

Also a Buckeye, and by coincidence also born in Warren, OH. Although just a few years later. (1961)

Ron Robinson

Jim Dunn
02-21-2005, 3:52 PM
Buckeye? Nevvveeerrrr heard of it:) But I think I know a good stack of wood when I see it:)
Jim