PDA

View Full Version : 1,000's of Acrylic Colors

Steve Clarkson
08-18-2011, 7:24 PM
OK, maybe not thousands......but I know there are dozens.....florescents, solids, patterns, glitters, colored mirrors, etc.

I know that I can buy any one of these colors if I buy an 8' sheet.......but is there any place that sells small sheets (ie. 12"x24")? Sloans has the best selection (3-4 florescents, 10 mirror colors, etc.) that I know of.....but does anyone else?

Martin Boekers
08-18-2011, 7:33 PM
Steve, they may not have thousands of colors, but I buy most my Acrylic from these guys.

www.delviesplastics.com/ (http://www.delviesplastics.com/)

Small as 12x12 sheets in a variety if thickness. Reasonably priced too.

Jim Reinhard
08-18-2011, 8:01 PM
I go here http://www.prospectplastics.com/ they have a large selection and you can get any size you need cut while you wait.They were very helpful with questions I had .I just need to find stuff to make out of it still.There website dosent show there selection ,but they do have alot of colors and choices? What prices are people paying a sq foot for 1/4 clear and 1/8 color and floresent?I think they were $9 for the color and floresent.

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-18-2011, 8:08 PM
Calsak Plastics and TAP Plastics will sell smaller sheets.

David Fairfield
08-18-2011, 9:24 PM
Dee told me about Delvies, I buy all my acrylic from them now. Good selection, I buy small quantities, not a problem.

Rich Harman
08-18-2011, 9:50 PM
The Tap Plastics here has a bin in the store which is usually stocked full of small pieces of acrylic, they are cut into squares in a couple different sizes. I always get the largest which is 10" x 10". They charge $1 per pound.

Steve Clarkson
08-18-2011, 10:03 PM
I've purchased from Delvies before....but again, their selection on their website is limited. Should I be calling these companies and specifically asking if they have, say a pink glittered acrylic or whatever color I'm looking for? It would be nice if some company had ALL their colors on their website so you could see what they have to offer......kind of like Johnson's Plastics does with Rowmark.

Chuck Stone
08-18-2011, 10:19 PM
I bought from estreet plastics before, and if I remember, their selection
was pretty decent. And I think they had 1 square foot pieces.

Rodne Gold
08-19-2011, 12:28 AM
$1 a pound is a very very good price , acrylic sheeting in the wholesale market on qtys of 5 tonnes is at best $3.70 per Kg *2.2 lbs*

Chuck Stone
08-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Rodney.. a lot of places will sell cutoffs at $1/lb. They need a 4' x 7' piece, the sheet is 4x8
so they'll sell the last foot for $1/lb. That's how I buy most of mine.
Two days ago I stopped in at a sign supply and they had 3ft x 5" .250 clear cast pieces in
bundles. They were finished pieces, flame polished. Then they found out that they had
been done the wrong size. I took all the bundles, getting home with 95lbs for $60.
That doesn't happen often, and I have to keep that 5" limitation in mind, but it does help
you save a bit.

Richard Rumancik
08-19-2011, 11:34 AM
You might consider Evonik Industries (they own the Acrylite brand) - they have their on-line shop here

http://www.acrylite-shop.com/US/us/sheet/acrylite-ff-extruded-e67bmhfjy5i.html

I haven't used them myself, as they don't ship to Canada yet but as you are in the US you are okay. Of course the price tends to be higher for small quantities but sometimes you have no choice and just have to build it into the quote.

Steve Clarkson
08-19-2011, 1:26 PM
Thanks Richard......that one definitely helps.....best selection I have seen yet......but also the most EXPENSIVE! But atleast if someone wants one of those textured ones or the radiant one, I wouldn't have to buy a full 8' sheet.