PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Ken Salisbury
02-21-2005, 8:06 AM
Yesterday Wes Newman came by the Old Rebel Workshop for a visit. Wes has been looking for a source for cherry to build a bed. After some time in my shop talking woodworking and equipment, etc I took him to the sawyer I use for most of my hardwood to introduce him.

I also think Wes may have gotten the turning bug after he saw my lathes and some of the stuff I was making for an upcoming craft show. I did a quick and dirty pen making demo for him and a tenon making demo using my horizontal router set-up.

Note to picture police -- we are both too ugly for pics.

Wes Newman
02-21-2005, 8:44 AM
Ken, Thanks for the kind hospitality. I really enjoyed myself. Listen folks that old man can whip out a pen and put on a glass smooth finish in the bat of an eye. Now I've got to find a good deal on a lathe and convince the Mrs. that I can find room in my already cramped garage, till then I guess I'll just have to over to Ken's and use that little ole variable speed Jet that he's got. You know Ken, you should really think about upgrading that lathe to a little something bigger.:D

Max Schultz
02-21-2005, 9:05 AM
Wes said
I really enjoyed myself. Listen folks that old man can whip out a pen and put on a glass smooth finish in the bat of an eye.

I just wanted to stick my nose in and also make a comment. I didn't have the luxury of seeing Ken "in action" but was extremely impressed with the wealth of knowledge this man imposes. We had a hurried meeting and had to get back but I wish the distance was shorter as I would probably "wear out my welcome" at Rebel Woodworking. ;)

Max Schultz
WArsaw, IN

Ken Salisbury
02-22-2005, 6:42 AM
Wes said
I really enjoyed myself. Listen folks that old man can whip out a pen and put on a glass smooth finish in the bat of an eye.

I would probably "wear out my welcome" at Rebel Woodworking. ;)

Max Schultz

Welcomes can never be worn out at my shop. :D :D :D