PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed on new G350 Shenhui laser

Hector Renaud
08-18-2011, 12:42 PM
There are so many knowledgeable people out there, I know someone will be able to assist me.

I got the laser a couple of weeks ago... well crated, everything there... and it arrived at my door, in the Yukon, in under 3 weeks from shipping. I have a problem with the operating system (not the hardware).

I finally got it to work the way I need it to... from the top left hand corner to the right, top to bottom and not mirroring the picture. The main problem is that it seems not to identify the full working area (500mm by 300mm.. 12" x 24" for the rest of us.) It will start a project and at the 300mm down... give me a message that it has no more space to work. (Flop Error Expand Space)

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong or what setting is out?

#2 Does anyone out there have a chart of some sort that would help me out with the Power/Speed settings for different materials?

I use CorelDraw and Corel-Paint 12.

George M. Perzel
08-18-2011, 1:35 PM
Hector;
Welcome to the Creek. I'm not sure I understand but if your Y axis limit is 300mm, then thats what set in the vendor settings and there ain't no more room in the Y direction.You can check your default settings for defining your work area. I assume you are using Laserwork from Shenhui. In that case under File, go to vendor settings.
A little password box will open and the password is "rd8888" without the quotes. Enter that and a table will open . Look for Axis Parameters and X axis Breadth should be set to 500 and Y axis Breadth to 300.
There are a ton of settings for various materials available on many site-do a web search. Both Epilog and Universals sites have setting recommendations but all need to be modified to fit the speed and power of the machine you have. Hope this helps
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Rodne Gold
08-18-2011, 2:22 PM
Hust as an aside , When you do the vendor settings , you MUST first read , change and then Write , reset the machine and try it

Hector Renaud
08-18-2011, 2:25 PM
Thanks George. My x is at 500 (correct) My Y is at 300 (also correct).. I see I put in the wrong number on my initial post.. it stops at 100mm(4') in the Y axis.

Rodne Gold
08-18-2011, 2:42 PM
there is also a setting called step length , check X and y are the same

Hector Renaud
08-18-2011, 3:54 PM
I did get into the settings area.. both the X and Y axis are set up correctly (500 and 300mm)

I did notice a difference... I am accessing the laser throough CorelDraw_Laser not Laserworks... but I did have to go there to get the settinigs. Should I only be using Laserworks and not the other? Like prep the picture in Corel and then import to LaserWorks?

Rodne... I was unable to locate the "step lenght" either in the settings window or as a drop menu from the LaserWorks headers.

Rodne Gold
08-18-2011, 4:17 PM
I use the program as the prime driver for the machine , design in corel export AI and import into laserworks.
I would get some tech help if you get stuck, try Skype Yarde Feng , his skype name is yardefeng.

Hector Renaud
08-18-2011, 4:41 PM
Thanks to both of you for the help. I will use LaserWorks as the main program from now on.