PDA

View Full Version : Still enjoying the Super Bowl (Gloat!)

Pete Harbin
02-21-2005, 3:59 AM
Well I'm not a fan of the Eagles or the Patriots, but I picked the right scoring squares in a couple of Super Bowl pools and won a tidy $350...and I did my best to spend it all on tools! :D

I picked up Ridgid's new VS Laminate Trimmer, and even though I already have the 18v X2 drill I just couldn't pass on it's younger brother, the 12v X2 for $69. The big purchase was the EZ Smart 100" SGS-1 system. I've been wanting to pick one up for some time now. My shop is a two car garage, but is pretty filled, so manuvering sheet goods around on the table saw isn't too fun, or too safe by myself. I'll be fitting my saw on the Smart Base in the next day or so.

I'd also like to take a momment to make a service gloat about Dino and Eureka Zone. When I ordered the system I also added the Smart Clamp System (SCS) to my order. As you can see in the picture, there is a Smart Router Kit with Edge Guide on the table. I sent Eureka Zone an e-mail letting them know about the mix up. I was expecting (and honestly would have been satisfied) that EZ would send out the Smart Clamp System and provide a mailing lable to send the Router Kit back on their dime. Dino responded to my e-mail in 11 minutes (Got to work on that response time :D :D :D ) He said that they had actually noticed the error after they shipped my order, and that they would be sending out the Smart Clamp System, AND told me to keep the Router Kit. All I can say is WOW! and THANKS DINO!

I'm really looking forward to getting my system set up and putting it through the paces. Eventually I'll be rebuilding my work table, so I'm giving some serious consideration into incorporating Smart Table functionality.

Pete

New Mexico Scorpions 2
Corpus Christi Rayz 1

Go Scorps!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-21-2005, 8:19 AM
Congrats on the system! I really love mine! Dino is a great person as you have seen....

You will love having that router guide. That is the main reason that I bought the guide, was for cutting dados on larger panels... In fact I used the system for sliding dovetails this weekend, it worked GREAT.

Jim Becker
02-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Quite a haul! Congratulations...always nice to put good fortune to use in the shop...;)