PDA

View Full Version : Gloat worthy from Mr. Miliunas

John Weber
02-20-2005, 11:04 PM
In a gracious sharing of the wealth, John Miliunas sent me his extra set of jointer blades, since he has upgraded to a beautiful Byrd shelix cutter head. While I’ve conversed with John a fair bit, I was more then surprised and happy at his generous offer. The only thing that was missing was that I didn’t receive a beer in my care package. Many thanks to John and the forum for fostering such friendships. I hope to extend the favor in time.

Thanks again - John

http://www.weberwoodworking.com/pics05/jointerknives.jpg

Mark Singer
02-20-2005, 11:18 PM
That John is nice! Of course there are other DJ 20's that will go hungry......I won't say a word to mine....SHH......SHH....

John Enjoy it!

John Weber
02-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Mark,

I guess he could have spread them out a bit, one blade to each of the first three that responded, but that might not do anyone much good.

Yeah, he is a good guy.

John

Mark Singer
02-20-2005, 11:41 PM
John,

I sharpen my own knives on the Tormek....I only have one set since I don't send them out....I haven't tried the planer knives.....a bit long

Jerry Olexa
02-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Hey John...you'd better send him some venison.:D

Don Selke
02-21-2005, 12:40 AM
John:
I have communicated with John Milinius several times and he is a real gentleman. John is the type of guy who will pull out all the stops to assist another woodworker. When I get back to Chicago, I may show up at his shop with a few cold ones. He is not too far north of Chicago in cheese country.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-21-2005, 8:16 AM
John M is indeed a great person! I have been over to his shop a few times and each time it was a great experience! He has given me some things that he doesn't use too! I really appreciate it!! He and others like him make SMC the place it is! :)

Karl Laustrup
02-21-2005, 8:42 AM
Yeah, beneath that rough exterior ole Spring is just a softy. ;) :D

And a really nice person. :) :D

Gene Collison
02-21-2005, 1:38 PM
John,

Mr. Miliunas is that way! He sent me a can of Velvit oil to try, when I saw that there was $15.00 involved in his gift, I tried to send him some money. That's when the trouble started! I thought my life was in danger. A prince of a guy for sure! Also, the oil is great for those who haven't tried it.

Gene

Ray Thompson
02-21-2005, 9:13 PM
John,

I sharpen my own knives on the Tormek....I only have one set since I don't send them out....I haven't tried the planer knives.....a bit long
Mark, how big a planer do you have, I have been sharpening my 15" blades on the Tormek with no problem.

Ray

John Miliunas
02-21-2005, 9:51 PM
You guys are all just way too kind!:o Fact is, that's pretty much the way I like to live my life, that being, "what goes around, comes around". All I ask in return for a favor done is to extend that favor to someone else when the opportunity presents itself. That's all I was doing....Just merely paying back favors bestowed upon me. Hey, it's what keeps this crazy World of ours rotating, right?:) :cool:

John Miliunas
02-21-2005, 9:53 PM
John:
I have communicated with John Milinius several times and he is a real gentleman. John is the type of guy who will pull out all the stops to assist another woodworker. When I get back to Chicago, I may show up at his shop with a few cold ones. He is not too far north of Chicago in cheese country.
Don, you and *any* SMC-er are always welcome!:) (BTW, I usually have a cold one or two available already!:D ):cool: