PDA

View Full Version : Senco Fusion 18 ga. Nail Gun

Joseph Crivelli
08-15-2011, 11:58 AM
On Saturday I practiced with my new Senco Fusion 18 ga. Nail Gun (FN55AX) for the first time.
I’ve never used a nail gun before, but I found the Senco extremely easy to use.
This is a cordless gun with a permanently-sealed nitrogen gas cylinder. The battery is an 18 volt Li-ion which charges 80% in 15 Minutes and 100% in 45 Minutes. The gun has a solid feel and is very well balanced.
The selector switch has 3 options – Off, Contact-Actuation (Bump Fire), or Sequential (Trigger Pull).
There is a mechanical Depth Adjustment dial with a guide.
I attached a scrap piece of 3/4” plywood to a 2×4 scrap in Sequential mode. The nails went through the plywood with no trouble. The gun recycles in about 3 seconds after firing.
Then I attached a piece of molding to a scrap piece of 3/4” fir by bump-firing 3 nails. No problem!
I’d been looking at nail guns for a while, but I didn’t want to buy a compressor.
Paslode has cordless guns, but the gas cylinder needs to be replaced. I’ve also seen comments about the odor of the gas used.
The Senco gun comes with 1 battery and a charger in a large tool bag. The bag is zipper and has plenty of pockets and compartments both inside and out. There is a velcro strap inside to secure the gun and a moveable pad to cushion it.
First Impression – This is a quality tool that will work for years.