PDA

View Full Version : turners torture devise....

Russell Eaton
08-15-2011, 6:45 AM
I made this a few weeks ago and thought that I would post a picture. I used a old furniture dolly and the metal base for a scroll saw the I sold a while back. It will hold 42 turning tools. I am by no means a carpenter but this does keep most of my tools at whichever lathe that I am working on. The main problem that I have is ANY flat area that is around gets something set on it. If you look in the side of the full view pic. I do have a first aid kit. C&C welcome. Thanks Russell

Tim Thiebaut
08-15-2011, 6:59 AM
You did a good job building this Russel, I dont have anything but the box they came in laying on my bench so this is better then what I have thats for sure. But I guess my concern would be reaching for something like one of the shorter tools in the middle of this and hooking your wrist or arm on one of the razor sharp tools around it, maybe move the shortest ones you have to the front for easier access and the long ones further back, main thing is just be careful.

Greg Just
08-15-2011, 7:08 AM
WOW - that's a lot of storage space. I do see some empty spots which means an opportunity for more tools! Nice job.

Russell Eaton
08-15-2011, 7:11 AM
Tim I tend to leave the go to tools in the front. I am very careful when I grab a different tool, that Tormek does a heck of a job getting a edge on a tool.

Jerry Marcantel
08-15-2011, 9:27 AM
I made this a few weeks ago and thought that I would post a picture. I used a old furniture dolly and the metal base for a scroll saw the I sold a while back. It will hold 42 turning tools. I am by no means a carpenter but this does keep most of my tools at whichever lathe that I am working on. The main problem that I have is ANY flat area that is around gets something set on it. If you look in the side of the full view pic. I do have a first aid kit. C&C welcome. Thanks Russell
Good job Russel. I made one like that last year and am pretty happy with it. I've also discovered that flat spots are like giant magnets. The minute you find that flat spot, stuff is attracted to it. ............ Jerry (in Tucson)