PDA

View Full Version : Vacation souvenir made with BoxIT program

Scott Woodson
08-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Recently returned from vacation where my wife had pics of the grandson taken at one of those old time photo shops. I didn't like any of the frames in the shop. So when we got home I got on my program and created a small shadow frame for a wallet size photo. The sepia tone of the photo is great when matched with the char of the laser cut-out. The program was kind of expensive, but I'm finding all kinds of uses for it with small custom projects.

Craig Matheny
08-14-2011, 3:31 PM
Looks good just bought that program yesterday How is the learning curve?

Mark Conde
08-14-2011, 5:28 PM
Looks great. Very fitting for your buckaroo styling grandson.

I have the macro program too. Craig-- it's super simple to use.

Martin Boekers
08-14-2011, 8:12 PM
Here's a tip for you. To get rid of the "resin burn" around the letters and such
I find that a "Magic Sponge" and a bit of Endust does wonders.

I think Mr. Clean makes the sponges, but there a few different varieties out there.
I prefer Endust over Pledge as Pledge is a bit waxier.

BoxIT is a neat program, but as you say a bit expensive. You can search the forum
and see our opinions on the pricing. If they got it down to say $75 they would sell
quite a lot of them. ;-)

Scott Woodson
08-14-2011, 8:21 PM
Looks good just bought that program yesterday How is the learning curve?

Craig,

Not bad at all, I've had the program for about 3 months now and creating all kinds of interesting projects.
Took a little bit to dial it in for a nice tight fit, but now I'm really enjoying it.

Scott

Craig Matheny
08-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I also bought art welder figure with Christmas coming I can figure something out. Currently making 3D clocks out of DOD Logos

Martin Boekers
08-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Craig can you post a photo of one of the clocks?

I have done quite a few recognition boards and such on base
and have been looking for a way to market this software. Funding is
hard to get for things such as this so I have to document
profitability, at $75 not too bad but at what they want for
it I would have to find a way to make it work and justify the cost.

If you don't mind my asking what is Art Welder? I haven't heard of that.

There is a place in St. Louis called the City Museum like nothing you have ever seen before.
If you ever get a chance to go it's worth the journey.

I bring this up because in he gift shop their they have a selection of books from Marion Nichol
known as the snowflake lady. The books are amazing and have snowflake patterns from musical
instruments to dinosaurs. The books have patterns and she is very lenient on what rights you get.
Call up the museum shop and get more info. These designs are amazing and I see lasering potential!

Thanks!

Gerd Spatz
08-15-2011, 3:05 AM
A little bit cheaper: http://www.frag-den-spatz.de/shop/boxgenerator/boxdesigner.html
Now you can create puzzles to...

Craig Matheny
08-15-2011, 2:10 PM
Martin so there is no confusion I personally are designing the clocks not a software other then in plain Corel.

What ArtWelder is it creates and welds objects together so if you make a round Ornament and you want an inner circle and then Merry Christmas stacked in side you have to weld, break it apart re color what is cut what is not this does all of it and a lot more. Search Google for Artwelder or box-it made by same company

Scott Woodson
08-16-2011, 6:20 PM
Craig,

Nice work, like the layered look.

Scott