PDA

View Full Version : New bench now in service

Dave Moran
02-20-2005, 3:36 PM
Been working on this between other projects and finally put it into service about an hour or 2 ago.
First pic is a couple of weeks ago.

John Hulett
02-20-2005, 3:39 PM
I like the design - very practical. I especially like the shelf just below the top; it's perfect for keeping things within reach without mucking up your workspace.

Dave Moran
02-20-2005, 3:45 PM
John, I can't take credit for that idea, I had the exact same thought, put your tools in there without risking a ding on the project at hand. I grabbed the idea from someone on another site.

Mike Holbrook
02-20-2005, 3:48 PM
I like it! I could use on of those. I do not see a final picture, you tease.

Jerry Olexa
02-20-2005, 3:50 PM
Dave that is GREAT idea... Shelf below main for tools. Looks good. Get some sawdust on it!!

Jim Dunn
02-20-2005, 4:09 PM
Dave the bench looks good what I can see of it:rolleyes: Would love to see the top. I also like the idea of a shelf under the top:p Looks like a very good idea and if I were you I'd take credit for it. Who's to know:p but you and the fence post:D
Jim

Jeff Sudmeier
02-20-2005, 4:50 PM
Dave,

That looks like a great bench design. I too like the shelf for the tools! Seems like my temp benches are forever full of tools! At least with that shelf they wouldn't be on top of the bench! :)

Bart Leetch
02-20-2005, 5:23 PM
I too like the shelf just under the top. I plan to make one like this with the end panels & possibly center panel coming up high enough to mount drawer glides on so I can have a shallow wide drawer or 2 that can be pulled out where I can keep chisels & measuring equipment & a plane or 2 & miscellaneous frequently used items. So I can pull the drawer out to store these items & also for when I need to clear the top of the bench because it is also the out feed table for my Table-saw.

I hope this idea will help others that use their bench as an out feed table for their table-saw.

I would rather look down into a drawer then try & see whats under the top of my bench.

Dave Moran
02-20-2005, 5:34 PM
Jim, The top is a used electronics bench top, off white laminate on a 2 inch core of unknown, but I suspect MDF as it is big time heavy.