PDA

View Full Version : cut out lab help, please?

leslie blackburn
08-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Can anyone tell me when using the cutout lab in Corel Photo-Paint how to remove the white outline around the object after you cut around it? I have 5 cars I need to cut the background from and then place them on a new background. Thanks for any help in advance.

George M. Perzel
08-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi Leslie;
Not quite sure how to do it in Photopaint but should be similar to the Photoshop method:
Make a copy of your image, use magic want to remove the white, save a tiff file with transparent background. Good Luck
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Doug Griffith
08-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Here's a Photoshop tip: after copying and pasting a clipped image onto another background, while still working on the pasted layer, choose the Layer > Matting > Defringe command.

It looks like "Defringe" is found in the unused commands in Photo Paint. you may need to activate it (http://paintshoppro.info/tutorials/customize.htm)

leslie blackburn
08-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the help. I will take a look at Defringe.

leslie blackburn
08-13-2011, 2:44 PM
Thanks guys for the help, again. Still couldn't get it quite like I wanted. So I went to engraving concepts (why I didn't think of that in the first place I don't know). Roy Brewer had a help video on it. He is amazing. Thank you Roy. He could have saved me hours of work.