PDA

View Full Version : VA Working Show Gloat

Douglas Robinson
02-20-2005, 2:51 PM
So I went to the WW show in Chantilly, VA yesterday. I picked up the Veritas marking gauge and bevel gauge, and new knives for my 6" Powermatic joiner, that I wanted and was admiring lots of machines I really don't need or can't afford. I came to the Incra both and was captivated by their table saw fence system. Mark From Incra was very helpful answering my qustions.

Now I already have an Incra 3000 Mitre gauge, and Router-Lift and an Incra drill press table. All of which are top notch! Well, I got to thinking...I could replace my router table by replacing my rails and fence and adding a router table in the right side table extnsion. I could then sell my router table and Jet rails and fence, and I would end up with more shop space.

So after I talked myself into it I came home with a INCRA, LS32TS Table Saw Fence. I started installing it last night. While puting the legs on the extension table I found I had three of one part, and no supporting angle pieces. So I went bcak to the show today with my 4 year old son in tow to exchange the extra part for the right parts. Kathy at woodpeckers/Incra was great. She opened another box and took out the correct parts and off I went.

I am still assembling the dust collection shute, but when I am done I will take pictures for the picture police!

BTW, I hope to have pictures of the items I replace up on the classifieds soon.

RichMagnone
02-20-2005, 2:59 PM
Simply awsome. I was eyeing that fence to go along with my table saw and decided that the time was just not right. The good news is that there seems to be a WW show about every 6 months in Chicago, so I have something to build up to. Please post pics and thoughts on assembly when done. Congrats!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-20-2005, 4:47 PM
Congrats on all the new toys! Sounds like you will be getting a great router table and saving valuable space as well! Sure sounds like a great set up.

Rudy Fuselier
02-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I bought the same setup last year at the Houston WW show. It is absolutely fantastic. It is great to really have machine shop accuracy for the table saw fence. I also bought the Incra router table setup. It too is great. I have done many dovetails with it and it is just as easy as they make it look at the show.

Congratulations on the new tools. You are gonna love it.
PS --This weekend I have been working on building an outfeed table that attaches to the incra rail on the outfeed side of the saw. It is gonna be great when I get it finished.

Douglas Robinson
02-21-2005, 8:15 AM
Will it fold down?
What have you done about the miter slots?

Doug

Mark Valsi
02-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Hope you like it as much as I do mine !

Rudy Fuselier
02-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Doug,
Yes, my outfeed table does fold down. It attaches to the cente groove of the rear rail using 3 regular four inch hinges, and it has fold down legs. When I get it finished I will post pics.