PDA

View Full Version : a shop layout decision was finally made

phil harold
08-12-2011, 11:07 AM
After moving my equipment into a new shop seven years ago,
I finally like where the drill press is and bolted it to the floor, yesterday...
everything else has wheels for now

Mark Engel
08-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Congratulations! The first step is always the hardest.

Aaron Berk
08-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Ha Ha, that's funny.

7 yrs huh?
I've been in my current shop for just over 6yrs and still haven't found a "final resting place" for ANY of my tools.

A blessing in disguise though, because this yr I'm moving into a new shop (1500sq ft WooHoo!)

Nice to hear that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, thanks Phil.

Ryan Hellmer
08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Bolting to the floor?!? Wow, I've never made a commitment like that in my life...

Harvey Pascoe
08-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Not to worry, you'll be making your first change in less than a week after you get started. I will say, the drill press is the only thing I haven't moved. I wouldn't spend too much time on initial layout, it takes time and use to discover what works best. Stay flexible is my advice.

phil harold
08-12-2011, 4:45 PM
Ha Ha, that's funny.

7 yrs huh?
I've been in my current shop for just over 6yrs and still haven't found a "final resting place" for ANY of my tools.

A blessing in disguise though, because this yr I'm moving into a new shop (1500sq ft WooHoo!)

Nice to hear that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, thanks Phil.well you have another 7 years before you have to make a commitment...
The table saw was the first thing, I determined its location since it take up more area than anything else. Position was determined by how long of pieces I wanted to cut without opening a door into the storage.

Darrin Vanden Bosch
08-13-2011, 8:38 AM
These are things you don't want to jump into.

Harvey Pascoe
08-13-2011, 9:56 AM
These are things you don't want to jump into.

No, certainly not. One usually slides them around.

David Thompson 27577
08-13-2011, 9:57 AM
After moving my equipment into a new shop seven years ago,
I finally like where the drill press is and bolted it to the floor, yesterday...
everything else has wheels for now

Perhaps you should think abut joining the Procrastinator's Guild. I thought about it a few years back, but was never able to decide.

LOL

Neil Brooks
08-13-2011, 7:34 PM
Two days after _I_ bolted down a tool ... would be time to move it.

Brave man :)