PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Everyone

Harvey Pascoe
08-12-2011, 8:41 AM
I've been an amateur for fifteen years and a pro for ten. Self taught I thought I knew a lot, until I came to SMC two years ago where I discovered I didn't know nearly as much as I thought I did.

In the last six months I've just about carpet bombed this forum with questions and due to your generous sharing of your expertise, the quality of my work and its efficiency has improved dramatically, having brought me to a whole new level. It is truly a blessing to have so many people willing to share their hard learned experience, so I just wanted to put out my heart felt THANK YOU.

Chris Nolin
08-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Nice post! I know I was NOT a contributor to your knowledge base, but I feel the same way about this forum. Invaluable. Thanks everyone!

Bill ThompsonNM
08-12-2011, 10:36 AM
This forum is easily worth more than all of the woodworking magazines combined-- I think we all come away richer for the experience. And Harvey, now's a good time to become a contributor and keep all of this going.

scott vroom
08-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Harvey Rabbett, any relation to Jimmy Stewart?

Lee Schierer
08-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Sounds like it is time for you to become a contributor. Apparently you've received your $6 worth and then some. :)

Brian Tymchak
08-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Nice post! I know I was NOT a contributor to your knowledge base, but I feel the same way about this forum. Invaluable. Thanks everyone!

+1, or 2, or 10....

My thanks as well.

Harvey Pascoe
08-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Harvey Rabbett, any relation to Jimmy Stewart?

Aw, I think I just got outed. I know its against the rules not to use one's real name but at the time I had a valid business reason not to. I should re-register using my real name which is Harvey, just not the rabbett part.

Jim Matthews
08-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Pookas are mostly harmless.

They do take up a good deal of space at a garden party, but there's room for all.

Glen Butler
08-13-2011, 12:51 AM
I have been a carpenter professionally for 15 years and learn new things all the time here. In fact, I was just about to start a similar thread. Its an excellent community, nearly free of flaming, and everyone is willing to help regardless how many times the same question has been asked.

Paul Saffold
08-13-2011, 7:09 AM
Sounds like it is time for you to become a contributor. Apparently you've received your $6 worth and then some. :)

A big + 1 for Lee's post. Not to single Harvey out but an opportunity say something I've felt for a long time. I'm surprised and disappointed at the number of members who have hundreds of post, yet won't contribute a measly $6 a year.

Keith Outten
08-13-2011, 7:58 AM
Harvey,

Send me a Private Message and provide your real name. I can edit your username, there isn't any need for you to create a new account.

Harvey Pascoe
08-13-2011, 9:38 AM
Harvey,

Send me a Private Message and provide your real name. I can edit your username, there isn't any need for you to create a new account.

Thank you, I will.

Kent A Bathurst
08-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Harvey,

And send Keith the lousy six bucks at the same time, eh? :D :D :D

You realize, of course, that some of us won't be letting this drop now..................:p