PDA

View Full Version : rough, scally, cracked

charlie knighton
08-11-2011, 4:14 PM
feet, i was diagnosed diebetic several months ago, my blood work is much better now, not perfect, only blood # still out of line is LDL , but that is much improved, anyway my feet have become rough, scally and i developed a corn. i have never had feet problems before, worked 12 hours shifts in factory and long hours retail big box.

i have started (doctor's advise) soaking my feet twice aday. i am using dawn hand renewal with olay and either a aloe enriched lotion or after sun aloe vera soothing gel afterwards. i also use a pumice stone on my corn. its amazing the before and after. :mad::)

anybody else have any ideas on foot care???????? :confused:

Belinda Barfield
08-11-2011, 5:26 PM
I have some foot rub at home that a runner friend swears by. She runs several miles a day and has beautiful feet. She told me before she started using the foot rub her feet were in horrible condition. I won't guarantee your feet will be beautiful but I'll post the name of it when I get home tonight.

Belinda Barfield
08-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Earth Therapeutics Tea Tree Foot Balm Repair. I bought mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

charlie knighton
08-13-2011, 3:52 PM
thanks Belinda, i can understand why you did not remember the name, that's a mountful

Bill Cunningham
08-13-2011, 9:31 PM
Nip into your local farmers co-op or farm supply store and pick up a can of 'Bag Balm' It's primary use is on the cows udders, but it's found a whole new following..And it works..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag_Balm

charlie knighton
08-13-2011, 10:15 PM
thanks Bill, i have not seen it advertised, but should be able to find it around here

Ted Calver
08-14-2011, 11:53 AM
+1 on Bag Balm. Been using it for years. Before bed, rub on a layer then put on some heavy cotton socks and let it soak in. Be careful, it's lanolin and will leave grease marks if you don't cover it up.

Phil Thien
08-14-2011, 3:44 PM
+1 on Bag Balm. Been using it for years. Before bed, rub on a layer then put on some heavy cotton socks and let it soak in. Be careful, it's lanolin and will leave grease marks if you don't cover it up.

About 12 or 13 years ago, I was delivering a computer to a very wealthy guy. Very wealthy. Lots of wealth.

Anyway, I had done work for a company he owned and when he told his IT department he wanted a computer w/ a custom app. written, they said, "talk to Phil, here is his #."

The application was very interesting and he was willing to pay my top hourly rate, so I got to work.

When it came time to install the PC w/ the custom app, I walked into his home office and noticed big jugs of some sort of foot creme. He had 2-3 of them, all opened.

So I started to setup the new machine and had to crawl under this custom desk he had. And as soon as I crawled under, I started to feel, on my hands, something greasy.

The entire carpet under this desk was covered in the foot creme.

It was in my pants, I couldn't get it off my hands, it was awful.

charlie knighton
08-14-2011, 5:11 PM
very nice to know , thanks Ted and Phil

Belinda Barfield
08-15-2011, 9:23 AM
+1 what Ted said. You beat me to it on the lanolin warning. I use it on my hands sometimes in the winter if I have to work in the shop. Shop being stone working, not woodworking - thought I should clarify. If I run the bridge saw I usually end up with my hands in the slurry that results from cutting with a water cooled blade. Stone slurry is really rough on hands.