PDA

View Full Version : Cermark to laser engrave a new Mac Book?

Keith Outten
08-11-2011, 7:01 AM
I have to engrave a new Mac Book laptop this morning. Has anyone here used Cermark or Thermark to engrave one of the new Mac Books?
Most of the information I have been able to locate indicates that most are just engraving Mac Books directly, anodized aluminum style.

Avraham Monina
08-12-2011, 9:22 PM
I did an Ipad back before, the way I did it was I first etched off the text and then apply the cermark ( I sprayed (because thats all i had)) and then used the normal setting for laserbits which is s-24 p-100 ( I have a 35W system), there is a little banding going on, but Im not sure if its my machine or setting on the file.

Avi

Mike Null
08-13-2011, 6:06 AM
I've only done a couple but both were directly on the anodized aluminum.

Keith Outten
08-13-2011, 6:32 AM
Thanks Avi,

I appreciate the information, at least I know now that it can be done. I suspected that engraving a first pass to remove the anodized coating would be required before applying the Cermark and making a final engraving pass.

I decided at the last minute to just engrave the bare annodized coating, it was quick and painless in this case and I had little time to establish sped and power settings since I have never used Cermark on this particular laser.

Mike, in spite of the low contrast between the silver anodized coating and the metal the engraved logo looked fantastic. I had to spend the time scanning and converting the bitmap logo to vector so I could make some adjustments to get this one right before I engraved it but the prep time was worth the effort.

Thanks again for the help!

Avraham Monina
08-13-2011, 10:03 AM
No problem Im glad I can help

Avi