PDA

View Full Version : Tools+kids=tragedy a very sad story

Ron Jones near Indy
08-10-2011, 9:01 PM
I just learned that the 22 month old son of one of my former students somehow shot himself in the chest with a brad nailer--it hit his heart. He is in critical condition and not doing well. It's been years since I've seen his mom, and I don't even know his name. I'm sure that prayers and good thoughts will be appreciated

Gary Hodgin
08-10-2011, 9:29 PM
Sorry to hear about this. You didn't mention which hospital, but if he's in Indy, there's an excellent children's hospital there. My SIL lives outside of Indy and my niece was there several years ago. The young man will be in my prayers.

ray hampton
08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
22 months, prayers are being sent

Louis Brandt
08-11-2011, 2:42 PM
Prayers sent.

David Weaver
08-11-2011, 3:02 PM
This is an oddly similar story to this one:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/prayer/nailgun.asp (

(no, i'm not a cynic who goes around looking to blow people's posts out of the water with snopes, rather i googled to see if I could find out if this kid was doing OK, and all I could find was scads of people who have been duped. But no new newspaper or TV station updates as there would definitely be if it occurred here).

george wilson
08-12-2011, 7:15 PM
Who knows if it is true. I read the site you referred to,David. It is probably not obvious to some people that they should consider a nail gun as a GUN,and keep it away from kids.

Craig Matheny
08-12-2011, 9:45 PM
Our prayers are on the way