PDA

View Full Version : UT Season Tickets

Gary Hodgin
08-10-2011, 7:49 PM
Just got my season football tickets from the Vols. I hope they can beat Montana and Buffalo.:(

Robert McGowen
08-10-2011, 8:44 PM
I was confused by your title at first, but I figured it out........ :rolleyes:

UT Season Tickets = University of Texas

ut season tickets = University of Tennessee :D

Gary Hodgin
08-10-2011, 8:53 PM
Heresy, heresy. I didn't realize this misuse until I was about 30.

Robert McGowen
08-10-2011, 10:50 PM
It will be rough at my house this year. The wife and our oldest son graduated from the University of Texas. My youngest 2 (twins) are attending Texas A&M and this will be our first year of family football rivalry.

Bryan Slimp
08-11-2011, 7:39 AM
It will be rough at my house this year. The wife and our oldest son graduated from the University of Texas. My youngest 2 (twins) are attending Texas A&M and this will be our first year of family football rivalry.

And next year maybe your first year of a family football conference rivalry.

Ben Hatcher
08-11-2011, 4:40 PM
My first year of family football rivalry was last year. Then my team vacated all of their wins. Does that mean that THIS year becomes the first year? I'm so confused.

Tom Winship
08-11-2011, 4:48 PM
Robert, glad the twins restored hope for the family. Send rain with them, btw.

Gary Hodgin
08-12-2011, 5:12 PM
Tom,
Any rumors about A&M joining the SEC. I've heard 2 sports call-in shows discussing the possibilities for SEC expansion (2 teams) today and both mentioned A&M. Georgia Tech and Oklahoma were the other two. The rumor is that A&M is upset about the University of Texas' (not the real UT) TV deal and wants out.

The SEC school's presidents apparently are interested in expanding for economic reason and would like to have A&M but need someone else to balance divisions. I doubt the coaches are real interested in bringing in both A&M and Oklahoma. Schedules are tough enough already.

Paul McGaha
08-12-2011, 7:13 PM
I just saw on ESPN the SEC is talking to Florida State and Texas A and M.

Gary Hodgin
08-12-2011, 8:00 PM
Paul,
What I heard was that FSU and A&M were likely the Sec's first preferences, but that FSU probably doesn't want in. Not exactly sure why but the commentator said the conference looked at adding Miami and FSU a few years back and that FSU wasn't interested. Perhaps, FSU changed it's mind. I'd also heard Georgia Tech and A&M.

The advantage of adding GT or FSU over OK would be that it would be less disruptive to the divisions. GT or FSU to the east and OK to the west. The problem with GT is the likely opposition from UGA and the fact that Atlanta is already a big sec tv market. These presidents are looking at tv markets and that's why A&M is so attractive. Any new teams are likely to be expected to add at least $19m of tv revenue. Apparently that's the team splits now.

Paul McGaha
08-12-2011, 8:16 PM
Gary,

I dont know of any of the facts really, Just the ribbon on the bottom of the screen stating SEC looking to try to add Florida State and Texas A & M. SEC presidents meeting I think it said.

I love college football. I'm from Louisiana and an LSU Tiger fan and mostly watch the SEC games. Surprisingly here in Virginia we get 2 or 3 every Saturday. Fine by me.

PHM

Mike Cruz
08-15-2011, 7:51 AM
And here I thought it was for Unreal Tournament...a video game...:)