PDA

View Full Version : Repeat text in corel draw

Jim Reinhard
08-10-2011, 6:30 PM
Hi .My wife is a teacher . She often gives pencils out to her studens and would like text on them .Problem is doing them 1 at a time is slow.I was thinking of making a template in corel draw .Is there a way to have it so if you change one text box that all other text boxes change also to the same text.?
Thanks

Michael Kowalczyk
08-10-2011, 7:14 PM
Hey Jim,
Look here www.macromonster.com I think I saw a macro in there that will do what you are asking. Basically it makes all the other boxes "live" to your main one. I could be mistaking but I think this is where I saw it. Just search through the corel draw macros. There may be something else there that might be of interest to you. I have the GDG Nest and chopper. They work great for me.

Also please resend your PM sorry but my box was full.

Thanks and ...

Jim Reinhard
08-10-2011, 8:21 PM
Found a sort of east way to do it.204660
Drew a jig using step and repeat .then wrot down offsets and after you fill the first box with text do the same .not bad.

Michael Hunter
08-11-2011, 4:23 AM
Should have thought that you could do this with mailmerge.
The find and replace feature in Notepad works well, so altering the merge file is easy.

Jim Reinhard
08-11-2011, 6:21 AM
What is mail merge?

Mike Null
08-11-2011, 6:39 AM
Jim

Go to you tube and search print merge and imposition layouts. Roy Brewer has posted a couple of very good tutorials there.

Gary Hair
08-11-2011, 11:05 AM
The easiest way would be to clone the text. It's under the edit menu. Select the object you want to clone, could be text or any other object, and go to edit:clone. The copy it creates can be placed anywhere you like. Select the cloned object and you can step and repeat it as much as you like, or you can clone the first object again and again. Any changes to the first one will be made to the clones as well.

Gary

Michael Kowalczyk
08-11-2011, 1:02 PM
Hey Gary,
That's the other one I was looking for. A great tutorial is also on the Corel Draw Unleashed DVD's about cloning.
Thanks and ...

Larry Bratton
08-11-2011, 1:11 PM
The easiest way would be to clone the text. It's under the edit menu. Select the object you want to clone, could be text or any other object, and go to edit:clone. The copy it creates can be placed anywhere you like. Select the cloned object and you can step and repeat it as much as you like, or you can clone the first object again and again. Any changes to the first one will be made to the clones as well.

Gary
I was scrolling down to the bottom to post that solution when I saw yours. That is the best one I can think of too.

Jim Reinhard
08-11-2011, 6:56 PM

Gary

Thats Fantastic.Thank you