PDA

View Full Version : Dylos Group buy CLOSED

keith denbesten
08-09-2011, 2:15 PM
Dylos just sent this notice. I talked to Kim and she said if any of you still want to order, DO IT NOW by calling her. But it is officially closed.

Thanks to everyone who ordered and we should know about shipping in the next day or two.

Hi Keith:

The totals are the same as they were yesterday when I emailed them to you.

Please inform everyone at SawMill Creek that the group buy is closed. Also, please advise the group that we will not be doing a group buy again. We did not receiving enough orders to to validate the discounts that we offered.

I will send you a spreadsheet of the names and units each customer purchased. I will also tell you the estimated ship dates.

Best Regards and Thank You,

Kimberly Unger
Dylos Corporation
2900 Adams Street, Unit C37
Riverside, CA 92504
Ph: 951-351-2730
Fx: 951-351-1765
www.dylosproducts.com (http://www.dylosproducts.com/)

Dan Hintz
08-09-2011, 2:54 PM
please advise the group that we will not be doing a group buy again. We did not receiving enough orders to to validate the discounts that we offered.
Say what? I thought the discount was specified at 25 pieces, which we met and then some... what's the problem?

Jerome Hanby
08-09-2011, 3:28 PM
Bet they say 25 to discourage casual interest but expect more to justify the effort on their part. Seems short sighted to me. How many of these have they sold just from word of mouth from folks that bought during one of the group buys.

Rod Sheridan
08-09-2011, 5:14 PM
It's probably a lot of work on their part for what really are individual orders, that they've lost some income to provide to us at a reduced cost.

It's not like we ordered 100 units to one location with one payment to be processed.

I'd like to thank Keith and Dylos for their efforts in making this discount happen................Regards, Rod.

keith denbesten
08-09-2011, 6:08 PM
Last group buy had closer to 100 orders. I'm sure they were hoping for the same turnout this time. I wonder how we'd have done if the economy was like it was in 07?

Jim Neeley
08-09-2011, 8:44 PM
Keith,

I, for one, really appreciate your effort here... THANK YOU!!

David Nelson1
08-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Keith,

I, for one, really appreciate your effort here... THANK YOU!!

Keith Ditto what Jim has said. Thanks for the effort ole man.

Bud Millis
08-10-2011, 2:05 AM
Keith, thanks for organizing this. We do appreciate it.

keith denbesten
08-11-2011, 8:37 PM
This just in from Dylos

Hi Keith:

I think that we are all done. There are 31 units ordered. We should be able to ship all of the order by Wednesday or Thursday next week. All Canadian orders will ship USPS.

Oh and to everyone that joined in on this buy, You're welcome and here's hoping for a long life with no breathing problems that are wood dust related for all of us.:D

Dan Hintz
08-12-2011, 5:23 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated on everything, Keith :)

michael osadchuk
08-12-2011, 10:35 PM
I just came across this group buy of the Dylos particle counter.

I have and still use the 'basic' dc1100 meter (counts between and over the 1 and 5 micron levels) from the 2008 group buy that Phil Thien organized.

Like John C. on a related thread noted, I use it primarily in the workshop, when curious about how my current dust collection set up is working or when trying a new wrinkle on dust collection.
But people will find other uses ..... curious about the breathable atmosphere in those candle lit dinners? (smiley).
Recently I used the counter when refinishing some flooring to get a better take on how soon after vacuuming, etc. a room following sanding or buffering I could apply a new coat of finish without risking dust nibs in the finish film.

I use of Dylos in a manner similar to a moisture meter on wood and just pay attention to the relative readings between an undisturbed workshop upon first entry in the morning and whether the readings spike up exponentially or rise only marginally with human movement stirring floor dust. The scale that the people at Dylos offer for healthy air to not healthy air seems to mesh with my use of the meter. I once tried to correlate the Dylos readings to U.S. OSHA and Environment Canada air quality standards (limit of 30 ug/m cubed for acceptable air) but the math translations defeated me.

Btw, the numbers in group buy this time around may be due to the economy but I suspect also that the fast closing time after the idea was first raised likely limited 'word getting around' to other woodworking forums or other pages of this forum.

enjoy your new toy, oops, tool

michael

good luck

michael

David Nelson1
08-18-2011, 3:55 PM
Anyone seen any movement on their cards to indicate Dylos is send the units?

Dan Hintz
08-19-2011, 6:22 AM
According to Dylos' last email, they should start shipping right about now... so I would expect to see a charge in the next day or two.

David Nelson1
08-19-2011, 8:58 AM
Agreed,
I was just checking to see if anyone has seen a charge as of yet.

keith denbesten
08-19-2011, 2:11 PM
Any of you can call or email dylos and ask. I was going to do call them on Tuesday if I haven't heard from them or you. I don't know about you, but I hate the time between committing and having!

David Nelson1
08-25-2011, 6:15 PM
Got mine today!

Dan Hintz
08-25-2011, 6:43 PM
Same here...

Rick Prosser
08-25-2011, 10:44 PM
I got mine too!

Alan Lightstone
08-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Well, just got mine this evening. Turned it on and was amazed how high the reading was in my shop, when I hadn't done any sawdust generating activities in a week (finishing a cabinet now). Turned on my Jet 1000B air filtration system and the readings plummeted by from about 580 to 90. Very interesting.

Can't wait to see the effect on real woodwork, as well as my cyclone.

Out of curiosity, how sensitive is the meter to placement? Is there a suggested location?

David Nelson1
08-26-2011, 4:26 AM
Have not unpack mine yet. I have to re-stack the shop because of this stupid hurricane coming up the coast this weekend.