PDA

View Full Version : It's Official!

Kathy Marshall
08-09-2011, 1:54 AM
There are no better friends than Creeker friends, and I'm a very lucky Creeker to have such friends! :D

Believe it or not, I came home to find another package on the porch and it was a biggie! Picked it up to bring in the house, and it was heavy. What ever could it be?
Well I'll tell you, there were 2 pieces painted a beautiful Delta gray and 1 of them had some spinny things on bars :eek: ! There was also a bunch of wood blanks!

There's some box elder with some beautiful color, white birch, silver birch (I've only turned birch once and I loved it!) and a walnut log that judging by the rings and color on the endgrain, is going to be fantastic! I've truly had an overdose of the warm, fuzzies!
Can't wait to dig in!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! To Jeff Nichols, David Keller, John Keeton and everyone else that has contributed to the let's surprise Kathy extravaganza (past and present), thank you doesn't begin to express the feelings of gratitude for your thoughtfullness and generosity! I am truly blessed!

Rick Markham
08-09-2011, 4:50 AM
You're welcome Kathy!!! You deserve every bit of it and more! Lots of great, wonderful people here... You're one of em!!

Roger Chandler
08-09-2011, 6:39 AM
Geez...........that's a really nice box of goodies there!

John Keeton
08-09-2011, 8:01 AM
Kathy, well deserved - at the very least!! There were others involved, as well, and perhaps Keller can relate the list. I know it gathered participants as the plan unfolded, and I am unsure as to all that contributed.

Doug W Swanson
08-09-2011, 8:34 AM
Oh, man! How did I miss out on this? Maybe next time!

Anyway, Kathy and I are working on our own wood swap. She's been kind enough to pack up a few boxes of goodies for my in-laws to haul from Phoenix to Minnesota for me. Then in a few weeks, my in-laws will haul some boxes of wood back for Kathy. I can't wait to see what she sends me!

Congrats Kathy. You deserve it!

Jeff Nicol
08-09-2011, 9:11 AM
Kathy, The box looks good and I know you will put all of it to good use! We are happy to spread some joy around as you have done with your generosity and gracious and enthusiatic help in spreading wonderful boxes of wood to so many creekers around the country! I have been sending boxes back and forth with Mr. Chris Burgess in Texas also, and I am so happy to be able to get some of the wonderful deep south and southwestern woods.

I sent Kathy and PM telling her that in my hurry and brain deadedness, I sent the arms for a 16" steady......OOPS!! She says she can get them shortened up with no trouble, darn another blemish on my...... well........uhh.......heck I am so far from perfect I won't even go there!

Take care and we hope to see some deep hollowed vessels soon!

Jeff

David E Keller
08-09-2011, 9:33 AM
Congrats on the well deserved goodies, Kathy! It should serve as a warning to all that if you do nice things for others, there will be repercussions.;) The participants in this little bombing run(in no particular order):
John Hart
John Keeton
Rick Markham
Cathy Schaewe
Scott Hackler
Dan Forman
Steve Schlumpf
Tim Thiebaut
me

I did the list from memory, so if I left someone out, please step up and be recognized!

Obviously Jeff Nicol and Doug Thompson were complicit in the process as well!:D The whole thing was to be anonymous, but Jeff spilled the beans! All parties were involved in the devious planning and execution of the bombing run, and I've gained an even greater respect and admiration for my fellow turners... Turns out that a lot of them are every bit as nice as you are, Kathy!:D

Scott Hackler
08-09-2011, 10:33 AM
:) :) :) :)

Kathy, there isn't a more deserving person here on the Creek. Hope you get a lot of good use out of the toys. You are most certainly welcome!

Bernie Weishapl
08-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Congrats Kathy. Now that is what I call Christmas in August.:)

Tim Thiebaut
08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Congrats Kathy!! And you deserve every bit of it for all of the kindness you have shared with us here, I wish you many years of good use with your new toys!!

Cathy Schaewe
08-09-2011, 12:33 PM
And I, for one, can't wait to see what cool things you come up with next!

Rob Cunningham
08-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Congrats Kathy. I've seen your generosity to others here, it's only fitting that you should be on the receiving end now.
Can't wait to see what you turn with your new toys.

Donny Lawson
08-09-2011, 3:01 PM
Congrats Kathy, The Creeker family are some people who care about each other in a time of need and in a time of generocity. I Thank them everyday for helping me in the past. You cannot beat'em. GREAT people.

Tony De Masi
08-09-2011, 4:00 PM
Woohooo. Now that's a great bomb for sure. I know it's nice and pretty, but now it's time to get it a bit dusty.

Congrats Kathy.

Rick Markham
08-09-2011, 5:58 PM
Kathy,
I sent Kathy and PM telling her that in my hurry and brain deadedness, I sent the arms for a 16" steady......OOPS!! She says she can get them shortened up with no trouble, darn another blemish on my...... well........uhh.......heck I am so far from perfect I won't even go there!

Take care and we hope to see some deep hollowed vessels soon!

Jeff

Sounds to me like she needs a bigger lathe now :D hehe, You, did an amazing job Jeff! (You too Mr. and Mrs. Thompson)

David Keller, was responsible for organizing all of us... I think we do a much better job when there is someone to steer us all in the right direction! LOL

Dennis Simmons
08-09-2011, 6:24 PM
I told you before, " Those that spread sunshine upon the lives of others, can not keep it from themselves " :)

Kathy Marshall
08-10-2011, 2:24 AM
Thanks again everyone! and thanks for the list of co-conspirators David (a sneaky bunch, that's for sure!)

I told you before, " Those that spread sunshine upon the lives of others, can not keep it from themselves " :)
And that sunshine is spreading and shining all over! I hope everyone enjoys the gift of giving as much as I do!

Jon Lanier
08-10-2011, 4:26 AM
Very cool guys!!!!!!

Mike Svoma
08-11-2011, 10:00 AM
BOMBS AWAAAAAAYYY. Congrats Kathy on being on the receiving end of this one. It was fun to see this one un-fold. Every time I stopped in at Jeff's lately he would have a different part of the steady and tool rest completed. Congrats again.

Good things come to good people.

Dan Forman
08-12-2011, 3:48 AM
Glad you liked the surprises. Guess I missed the first one, been away from the creek as well as the lathe for a while. I was happy to be a part of it - I'm sure you will put them to good use.

Dan

Kathy Marshall
08-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks Dan! I plan on breaking in the steady rest this weekend, and I love the tool rest! The profile makes it very comfortable to slide and support my hand and fingers and my tools just glide along.Good to hear from you, noticed you haven't been on lately and was hoping everything was ok with you.Hurry up 4:00! I'm ready to start my weekend!
Glad you liked the surprises. Guess I missed the first one, been away from the creek as well as the lathe for a while. I was happy to be a part of it - I'm sure you will put them to good use. Dan

John Hart
09-04-2011, 5:10 PM
Sorry...I've been absent for a while. No excuses. Just been out drinking every night and lost track :)

Congratulations Kathy!!! I didn't even know it arrived!!

You are one of the good people. May you be showered with kindness every day for the rest of your life. ;)

Don Alexander
09-05-2011, 12:33 AM
i too have been mostly absent here and sadly from the shop as well

just have to say nobody deserves it more than Kathy use it in good health and enjoy every minute of it :-)