PDA

View Full Version : Disco

Richard Kennedy UK
08-08-2011, 6:52 PM
Made from Elm this piece is about 9 inches x 4 inches Pierced with a dremel type tool and the cut edges pyrographed the finished piece was waxed and buffed All comments welcomed.

Scott Hackler
08-08-2011, 7:07 PM
Very nice Richard. I really like the fact that the piercing area isn't perfectly flat acoss the top and bottom. That effect gives it a nice feel.

Bernie Weishapl
08-08-2011, 7:27 PM
Really nice Richard.

Faust M. Ruggiero
08-08-2011, 8:28 PM
I like how light plays through the holes on pierced pieces. Great photo of a well done artful bowl.
faust

Bill Bolen
08-08-2011, 8:41 PM
Beautiful piece Richard. I believe I like the larger pierced openings over the tiny piercings.

Baxter Smith
08-08-2011, 9:08 PM
Beautiful piece of wood and I like the randomness of the openings!

Steve Vaughan
08-08-2011, 9:17 PM
I really like that piece. Beautiful!

John TenEyck
08-08-2011, 9:18 PM
Oohh that is pretty. Maybe I should add some piercings to that bowl I blew a hole through the side of and call it intentional. But it wouldn't look as nice as this one.

Roger Chandler
08-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Another winner Richard!

Steve Schlumpf
08-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Richard - first thing I noticed was the form of the bowl - very nice! Hard to see in the photo, but is the rim slightly rolled? I like the random pattern and as Scott mentioned, that it was not contained within a strict border area! Also, could just be the photo, but is this bowl slightly thicker than your normal pierced pieces? Was wondering if that added a degree of difficulty to the piercing?

Sorry for all the questions. I don't always comment but I do take notice.

Randy Gleckler
08-09-2011, 12:16 AM
I have to mirror... I like the overall shape of the bowl, the shapes of the openings and randomness of both in shape and horizontal top and bottom lines really add to it. I like it.

Kathy Marshall
08-09-2011, 2:48 AM
A really nice piece! Ditto on the piercing size and randomness, really works well with the form and the wood!

Richard Kennedy UK
08-09-2011, 6:18 AM
Richard - first thing I noticed was the form of the bowl - very nice! Hard to see in the photo, but is the rim slightly rolled? I like the random pattern and as Scott mentioned, that it was not contained within a strict border area! Also, could just be the photo, but is this bowl slightly thicker than your normal pierced pieces? Was wondering if that added a degree of difficulty to the piercing?

Sorry for all the questions. I don't always comment but I do take notice.

Hi All and thanks for your comments!

Steve the rim is rolled Since the outside profile was a smooth (ish) curve I decided that the rim had to fit in! The random pattern is not quite as random as it may at first appear (note the title!) Yes the bowl is thicker than usual but it didn't make the process harder I just used a bigger bit!!!! lol! I like this idea of adding a band of something and am working on a different one I hope it works out!

Thanks again for your comments

Richard

Eric Holmquist
08-09-2011, 7:50 AM
Like the other, I feel there is a lot to like about this piece. The form is nice, the larger piercings with no strait borders is a nice effect, and the nice wood with no obvious tooling or sanding marks all combine to great effect.