PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the romantic & sentimental ones out there

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-08-2011, 2:48 PM
My Sweetheart and I have been living in a 1900's farmhouse for the last year while we're getting things situated to build our Dream Shop with living quarters on this property. Let's just say living in this little old farmhouse has been quite the adventure to say the least and it's a good thing we love each other dearly and have a good sense of humor. Some time ago, I made a little something to cover a hole in the wall someone had left while attempting to play electrician 40 years ago. I made a light switch cover to replace the original one and then extended it out to the side to cover the hole. Since I had about 3" x 5" of blank wood off to the left, of course it must be engraved with something... :cool:

I selected a "grunge" font and made a somewhat "rough" heart and engraved my Sweetheart's initials along with mine so it looked like something you would see lovers carve on a tree. It took a day before my Sweetheart discovered it, but let's just say I witnessed a very happy smile and earned myself a great hug and kiss for covering up that hole in the wall. (Hey! This is a PG forum!)

Since then, others have seen our light switch and I have made a few other items based on that idea. The latest one was made on Saturday as a sentimental wedding knickknack. I engraved the heart & intials & wedding date on a scrap of wood and secured a magnet to the back so the young couple can easily place it anywhere.

I know. I could post photos of these items, but I'm going to leave the designs up to you! :p Have fun with it.