PDA

View Full Version : another blum undermount thread

James Morton
08-07-2011, 6:18 PM
Installed an set of blumotion undermount drawer slides, and the blumotion does not seem to be working. It looks like the tab in the picture is bent up too high. I looked at another set of blum slides that I have and the tabs are the same. Do i need to bend this down to make the blumotion operational?

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n546/dmorton1/EastNottingham-20110807-00019.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Matt Meiser
08-07-2011, 6:26 PM
I just checked one of the ones I've installed an that pin is straight up and down so I would guess that's your problem.

James Morton
08-07-2011, 7:48 PM
Thanks Matt. I was hesitant to bend it down, since the other pairs I have are like that too. Looking at the mechanism while I work the drawer back and forth certainly makes it seem like that pin should be up and down, as you said. Thanks again.

Edit. I looked at another pair of slides, and as Matt described, the pins are up and down. Odd that the first 2 pairs that I looked at all had the pins bent up. These were fresh out of the wrapper. Anyway, bent the pins down and now they are functional.