PDA

View Full Version : A couple redos

Scott Hackler
08-04-2011, 1:53 PM
Kentucky Coffee pot that everyone (including me) didn't like the oak band I placed at the shoulder. As suggested, I fired up the wood burner and hid the oak band! Two different custom tips used on the burner. I am still not 100% with this piece but I like it a whole lot more now. Let me know what you think.

This second piece is a footed hackberry bowl I made a while back. I had intended on lettering a message in between the lines using the viking alphabet. I couldn't decide on what to put as the phrase and ended up with "The Wealth of Family is Great". I like the way this one ended up and the lettering is kinda cool. I will be doing something similar with this lettering, in the future. Let me know what you think about this one too. Thanks.

Tim Rinehart
08-04-2011, 2:03 PM
Nice redos Scott. The coffee really worked out better by doing something with the oak band, and I like the lettering on the second piece. Really cool!

David E Keller
08-04-2011, 2:21 PM
Nicely done, Scott! I like the coffee tree piece much better... I might even like the band to be a bit wider. The viking lettering is cool even though I can't read it.

charlie knighton
08-04-2011, 5:45 PM
nice redos, Scott

both forms lend themselves to burning, you might want to use denatured alcohol to clean around lettering before finishing on your new pieces to be burned, i was lucky to see a couple of Molly's rotations in tennessee last winter

Bernie Weishapl
08-04-2011, 8:25 PM
Really nicely done. I do like the coffee one much better.

Jeff Nicol
08-04-2011, 8:45 PM
Scott, The wood burning looks good on the coffee tree piece and the viking lettering is a cool thing, just have to get a viking translation dictionary! But since I am a "Packers" fan I still have an aversion to vikings!

Nice job my friend,

Jeff

Jim Burr
08-04-2011, 9:16 PM
Both are great Scott! I really like the custom tip on the burn job...you're really heatin' it up!