Kevin Baker
08-04-2011, 7:34 AM
here is the process I use:
open pic in photoshop (CS4) and add and apply a mask
save pic as a png file
open in 1 touch
see attached pic 1 here

after I click apply, i get the results shown in pic 2

If i save from photoshop as a jpeg, bmp I don't get a transparent background.

anyone know what I'm doing wrong, I have the lastest version of 1-touch 4.0.1

Thanks,
kevin

Dan Hintz
08-04-2011, 7:51 AM
My guess would be 1-Touch is having difficulties with the format of the PNG image. All it takes is to be one byte off in what you think you're reading for the picture to go all wonky (DAMHIKT).

Kevin Baker
08-04-2011, 7:58 AM
yeah, I did this a few times as well starting back with the original pic, remasking it, resaving it, etc.. ended with the same result. It works okay with the jpeg, BUT it's not a transparent background. The jpeg will open ok and look like the pic in pic 1, but after I apply the white background is all black.

just not sure what to do at this point.

Martin Boekers
08-04-2011, 9:46 AM
Not many program support transparent backgrounds. Many file type don't either.
I stay away from PNGs if a transparent back ground is needed. It's fine for on screen
but the minute you go to print (even to paper) it does strange things.

If One Touch supports transparent backgrounds try saving it as a TIF, when you do the
save there is a check box to save with transparent background. I do this alot as Corel
does support TIFs. JPGs and BMPs don't support the transparency.

Give it a try and let us know if it works!

John Noell
08-04-2011, 6:51 PM
AFAIK, JPG and BMP cannot have transparency. PNG does support transparency but as Martin says, many programs choke on it when printing.

Kevin Baker
08-05-2011, 5:32 AM
Martin -

Thanks for the help.. I just used jpg and removed the dark background after I used 1-touch. Food for thought for future projects.

Andrew Mammoliti
08-05-2011, 4:32 PM
Can you explain all the steps?