PDA

View Full Version : These are a few of my favorite things

Michelle Rich
08-04-2011, 6:22 AM
No whiskers on kittens,:) but some of my favorite pieces I have made over the years. I have had these pieces scattered around my house and have made individual pictures of each, but have never gotten a good picture of them all together. I even included a piece of stained glass work
One of the terrific things about being a woodworker is that you can surround yourself with the art you produce and feel a wonderful sense of accomplishment and enjoyment.Nothing like dragging home at the end of a day, and sitting in a rocker you crafted, and enveloping yourself in things that give you joy and great memories. I hope all of you can experience the great feelings of accomplishment, and enjoy your journey in woodworking/turning.

Tim Thiebaut
08-04-2011, 6:26 AM
Those are all very beautiful Michelle, I love the stain glass....now you just have to figure out how to combine the stain glass and negative space work.......!!

Michelle Rich
08-04-2011, 6:32 AM
funny you should say that...I have done many pieces of scrollwork (negative space I guess) with glass. But getting it into the "michelle negative space works" would be quite a job. I had thought to put glass behind one tho & it is pretty cool with colored glass behind. thanks for the comment & cool idea!!

Donny Lawson
08-04-2011, 6:50 AM
That is some very nice and time consuming work. That's taking turning up a notch. I've not got there yet. Great work.

John Keeton
08-04-2011, 6:57 AM
What a collection! Michelle, the next time you are sitting in the rocker, with that early morning cup of coffee I know you enjoy, just count up the hours of satisfying creativity that you have hanging there! Folks pay thousands of dollars to have that much fun (I guess we do, too, come to think of it!)

Great array of art, and I love the stained glass piece. Like Tim, I think combining the negative space concept with the color and texture of the stained glass would open new horizons.

Roger Chandler
08-04-2011, 8:01 AM
That is a fine collection! The sense of accomplishment and satisfaction is part of what drives me as well.........I really like the negative space designs..........my eye also caught that spalted hollow form with finial............I must have missed when you posted that...........really nice to see them all together in a picture..........makes the individual pieces seem as if they flow like a river leaving behind a trail of where you have been...........cool!

I have tried to talk DD into putting all his amphora pieces in one setting and photograph them..............I just think it would show the development of his skill and the nuances of form in a way not possible otherwise..........it would be quite the show, I think!

David E Keller
08-04-2011, 8:21 AM
That's a fantastic image, Michelle! I'd be late for work if I had a place like that... Staring off into space through those mesmorizing works of art.

Michelle Rich
08-04-2011, 8:35 AM
I agree Roger. Not just DD's but everyone should do this if they wish. It's hard here on SMC to go back & see what folks have posted & how they have grown as artists. I'd love to see what folks love & have kept in their own homes. From eatin' bowls to fancy art pieces. Great idea!

Michelle Rich
08-04-2011, 8:38 AM
thanks all for taking the time to comment...

Jim Burr
08-04-2011, 9:40 AM
It kinda looks like an art exhibit! You stained glass work is great...maybe someday....

charlie knighton
08-04-2011, 10:44 AM
you are an artist, thanks for sharing

Prashun Patel
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Beautiful and humbling. Thanks for sharing.

Bernie Weishapl
08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Those are some beautiful piece Michelle. Really nice collection.

Ed Morgano
08-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Machelle, that is a collection to be proud of. Not only for the art, but also for the creativity that is represents. Remarkable.

Curt Fuller
08-04-2011, 4:31 PM
What beautiful collection! I don't think I've ever seen the reconstructed piece that is front and center. I like all of your work. The stained glass looks good in there too.

Steve Schlumpf
08-04-2011, 4:46 PM
Wow - what a wonderful collection! I really like the variation in a theme concept! Very cool work Michelle! I appreciate you sharing your journey with us!

Cathy Schaewe
08-04-2011, 9:02 PM
They are absolutely amazing. Seeing them grouped together makes you realize how much work and thought went into each one.
Someday.....