PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember the Sandvik Abrader?

Lloyd Kerry
08-03-2011, 10:22 PM
They had three styles (maybe more), orange plastic body/handle thingie with a metal grit plate (self adhesive). They lasted forever and were great for rough sanding, shaping etc. I bought about a dozen replacement pads for the small rectangular one about ten years ago, and just wore out the last one. Does anyone know if you can buy these things anymore? I don't see them anywhere...

Pedder Petersen
08-04-2011, 12:34 AM
something like this? http://www.fine-tools.com/nt-dresser.html

Cheers
Pedder

geoff wood
08-04-2011, 5:52 AM
wow i want one... seems handy, sometimes i have to sand tiny parts.. i wont have to walk to my metalwork area to use my lapping plate.

Lloyd Kerry
09-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Pedder.. that's the stuff, but wow! They sure have gotten pricey.Plus the shipping 29 Euros to Canada.. I think that's about 60 bucks, so I'll have to look for something in North America.

Pedder Petersen
09-19-2011, 8:44 AM
Thanks, Pedder.. that's the stuff, but wow! They sure have gotten pricey.Plus the shipping 29 Euros to Canada.. I think that's about 60 bucks, so I'll have to look for something in North America.

Why not buying the plate (fits in a letter) and making your own body?

Cheers Pedder

Bill Carey
10-03-2015, 6:16 PM
They had three styles (maybe more), orange plastic body/handle thingie with a metal grit plate (self adhesive). They lasted forever and were great for rough sanding, shaping etc. I bought about a dozen replacement pads for the small rectangular one about ten years ago, and just wore out the last one. Does anyone know if you can buy these things anymore? I don't see them anywhere...

I still use the one I bought 20 years ago. Just the metal pad, stuck to a piece of 3/4 ply with a handle. I use it for everything. Was making a ijg for the table saw today, and the mdf scrap I was using had screw hole blow out. Out came the sandvik, 3 passes and good to go. I love that thing.

Curt Putnam
10-05-2015, 3:55 PM
Still have mine. Replacement pads are available from an outfit in Europe.