PDA

View Full Version : Another day with Nick Agar

David Newson
08-03-2011, 7:57 PM
This was my second piece and a lot larger, nick starts you off with a so called small piece say 12" x 12" and if you progress safely, he then guides you through all aspects of doing a larger piece, and encourage me to design this piece with not to much input from himself, I just hope some of his excellent art talents rubs of on me, I also ask him if I could incorporate some air brushing into this piece, and some different texturing,the use of pyography machine was also incorporated of which I need more practice to get even burn lines, and a lot more time is required to master air brushing techniques.

One final comment if anyone interested in Nick's style of work and gets a chance for tuition I guarantee you'll have a ball, and learn a lot in the process.204039

John Keeton
08-03-2011, 8:00 PM
David, the other was good, but this piece has it all - great composition, movement, color and shapes. Excellent work!!

Roger Chandler
08-03-2011, 8:27 PM
That is really nice........I like the whimsy and it has a great presence........the geometric shapes form a bit of a face........likely you were intending that.........just real nice work......very pleasing art!

charlie knighton
08-03-2011, 9:49 PM
thanks for sharing David, you seem to have progressed very well

Jim Burr
08-03-2011, 9:52 PM
Although I'm scared to find out the details of the process...I really think you've done a great job...kind of Turned Modernest!

Steve Schlumpf
08-03-2011, 10:05 PM
This I like even more than the first because of the variety of shapes, colors and textures!

Sure a lot different than the last pieces you posted here! Have you made it to the Masters level in your turning club yet? Figured you might have by now as you were moving up the ranks quite rapidly!

Kathy Marshall
08-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Very cool piece David! Ditto what the others said, the different shapes, colors and textures make this one a winner!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-03-2011, 11:59 PM
I like the piece for it's variation from the usual, typical and classical. It's very nice!

David Newson
08-04-2011, 5:33 AM
Thank you all for your comments, Steve In our club we only have three grades Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced and yes I have moved up to advanced section last year but there is now too many excellent top turners to compete against , unfortunately I'm going through a phase now if any particular competition does not interest me I now don't bother to enter which I know is wrong, as I know you can only get better if you push your own boundary's and comfort zones, so I hope this phase for me is short term thing.