PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Southern Conneticut Creekers

Greg Bender
08-03-2011, 7:23 PM
I will be traveling to Southern Conneticut ,the Milford area actually, next week and was wondering where the woodworking type stores were. It has been over 25 years since I lived there so I don't have a clue. Also,are there any turners that would like to meet up and trade war stories.I will be up there for a week so I should be able to get almost anywhere in the state.Thanx,
Greg
If this is not the forum for this type of post please move it

Greg Bender
08-04-2011, 3:00 PM
There must be some Creekers from Ct.?

Mike Archambeau
08-05-2011, 9:03 AM
Tools-Plus is in Hartford, CT. They have a few large wood working machines on display. You should be able to see General, Delta, Powermatic, and SawStop tablesaws. You will find jointers, planers, drill presses. They also have some dus collection equipment. They also have lots of hand held tools in the store. There is a Woodcraft store in Norwalk, CT. They do not carry much machinery, but they do have a shop that you can buy time in and do some woodworking.

That is pretty much it. Not exactly a woodworking mecca here in CT. Hope you enjoy your visit!

Greg Bender
08-07-2011, 9:05 AM
Mike,
Thanx for the response ,based on what you replied I'm glad I'm not living in Conneticut at this point in my life. North Carolina is a location much more conducive to woodworking. Oh well, I guess I'll concentrate on other things while I'm up their like Italian Food and friends and family.Does Menards have any locations in CT? We have the other two big box stores including the Corp HQ of the blue box and they have come to suck big time. Always like to check out new stores if I can.
Take care,
Greg