PDA

View Full Version : Small Vase

Bernie Weishapl
08-01-2011, 6:56 PM
Well the wife came out to the shop Monday and wanted to know if I could turn her a small vase. I said sure what do you have in mind. So she hands me a drawing. So I got started on it and had a piece of Elm left from the bowls I turned and will post in a minute. So proceeded to turn her vase for her. She wanted a knob and not a finial. So here it is 6" tall and 4" across at the widest. The pedestal and knob are walnut scraps dyed black with india ink. I have 6 light coats of lacquer on the main vase with one more coat to go on it and 4 light coats of the lid with 3 more coats for it. When I showed it to her she said now that is pretty and cute. So what do I say.:D

Jim Burr
08-01-2011, 6:59 PM
You should always get the last word in your house Bernie...and it should be "Yes Dear" Cool little vase!

Roger Chandler
08-01-2011, 7:37 PM
Not bad for a honey-doo project! I like the wood combo.

David E Keller
08-01-2011, 7:41 PM
Not bad for a honey-doo project...

I wish I got project assignments that involved the lathe! Nicely done, Bernie!

Jerry Lawrence
08-01-2011, 7:47 PM
When I showed it to her she said now that is pretty and cute. So what do I say.:D
You say..."not nearly as pretty and cute as YOU my dear!"
Nice job on the vase, and getting to make the wife happy while spending quality time in the shop!

Pete Jordan
08-01-2011, 7:53 PM
Very Cute, Bernie!

charlie knighton
08-01-2011, 8:00 PM
she knows what she likes, very nice Bernie

Michael James
08-01-2011, 8:05 PM
Shop time, nice piece and the little mrs is happy. All sounds (and looks) good to me! Thanks for uppin the pics.
mj

ps - did I mention shop time???

John Keeton
08-01-2011, 8:12 PM
Well, she sure did you right on this one, Bernie. Very nice work. I need to make sure Ms. Keeton doesn't see this!! She will be all about sketching stuff and cutting out pictures from magazines. I have her convinced I will only do my own ideas!! Need to keep it that way.

Scott Hackler
08-01-2011, 8:17 PM
Nice work Bernie.

Robert McGowen
08-01-2011, 8:38 PM
What did you charge her? I usually give family a 20% discount..................... Yeah, that's it......... 20% off......

Bernie Weishapl
08-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks again. It was a fun little project and I told her she ought try turning something. She said I have thought about it.

John, Mary Ann read your post and said she wondered if you would send her the Mrs. e-mail address.:eek:;)

Jim I have had the last word in this household for 44 yrs. That is "Yes Dear".:p

Kathy Marshall
08-02-2011, 1:21 AM
Another nice piece Bernie!

Bernie Weishapl
08-02-2011, 9:57 AM
Thanks Kathy.

Jon Nuckles
08-02-2011, 2:03 PM
Nicely done, Bernie. Unlike JK, I would like a little design assistance from my wife. She might give a friendly critique when a piece is finished, but nothing ahead of time. Glad yours passed the design committee review!