PDA

View Full Version : was my grizzly thread deleted?

Tim Morton
08-01-2011, 5:14 PM
it would have been polite to send me a message explaining why.....its been up for 3 weeks.

Doug Morgan
08-01-2011, 5:46 PM
Tim
Which one was deleted? Was it yours about the sale prices?

Tim Morton
08-01-2011, 5:49 PM
Tim
Which one was deleted? Was it yours about the sale prices?

yeah..i can't find it.

Doug Morgan
08-01-2011, 5:51 PM
yeah..i can't find it.

I did a search also and did not find anything. I didn't know the site or moderators would do that without first contacting you. Maybe someone from Grizzly objected.

Randy Dutkiewicz
08-01-2011, 5:54 PM
Yep, I just searched and don't see it either...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.???

Tim Morton
08-01-2011, 5:58 PM
i'm sure they will be along tonight to explain what they felt was objectionable.

Paul Saffold
08-01-2011, 7:03 PM
So much for the claim that threads / photos being permanent.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-01-2011, 7:10 PM
Attention Paul....We never ever delete threads. They are simply moved from the public view to the Moderator's Forum. Now .....don't listen to the Internet rumors....the thread is there.

I didn't move it. I will request the person who did move it, to respond to Tim.

Paul....contrary to the misguided belief, you can be sued for what you say on the Internet. Thus for legal reasons, we don't delete threads, we just move them. Beyond that, when we "delete" a comment, it's really just removed from public view. I as a Moderator can see it. Recently we were required to submit records of threads that had been pulled from public view as evidence in court for suit between 3 companies. So be aware.....what you say can be held against you AND....a recent court decision found that if a website is moderated the website/owners/staff can be held responsible too. So ...to minimize legal problems, we will "delete" comments or move threads to the Moderator's Forum. Keep in mind....deleting or moving is just removing it from public view. We still have it should a legal reason arise.

Tim,

I would suggest in the future that if you have a problem with any Moderator activity, you take up either in the Lumberyard Forum or via PM with any Moderator.

Keith Outten
08-02-2011, 5:19 AM
I removed the thread in question.
I did not have the time to send a PM to Tim that identified my reasons at the time, however I have done so this morning.