PDA

View Full Version : scroll saw

Ron Stadler
08-01-2011, 3:13 PM
found this scroll saw on craigslist and was wondering if it is worth the 80 bucks he wants for it, your thoughts? thanks
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/tls/2517467874.html

Chris Tsutsui
08-01-2011, 5:11 PM
If you're looking to do a lot of scroll work, then I suggest shopping for an RBI Hawk model on craigslists, or a Dewalt.

I have an RBI Hawk variable speed which is very robust and just gets the job done well.

The most frustrating problem i've ever had with a scroll saw is when the blade keeps coming loose which happened to me on an import model.

I don't know too much about the Delta model there, though I know that I got my RBI scroll saw used for $200, and a brand new in box Dremel scroll saw goes for around $100.

Kyle Iwamoto
08-01-2011, 7:43 PM
I have a newer Delta. That looks pretty old. I can't say anything good or bad about it (mine). Not the greatest by a long shot, but I've used worse. The good thing is the variable speed. When it vibrates too much, back off the speed.... LOL 80 bucks seems fair if it works.

Myk Rian
08-01-2011, 7:50 PM
I sold one of those Deltas for $50.
Replaced it with this one.
Shown after restoration.

Jack Gaskins
08-02-2011, 7:57 PM
I owned the model before the one your looking at, just like it except for the one posted has variable speed. It worked ok. Nothing spectacular about it. I would offer $60 if you really want it.