PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui laser software

Uros Sovilj
08-01-2011, 6:42 AM
Hi

I bought chinese co2 laser machine shg 690. I am new at laser engraving so i did all kind of testing for few month. I manage to conect rotary with wich i have some problems due to y axis speed but guys from factory gave me paswords for ventor setings and whwn i changed step lenght everything works fine. Now i have problem since i cant find setings for DPI and PPI in their software. Can somebody of useres can help me out?

Regards

Mike Null
08-01-2011, 6:47 AM
Uros

Welcome to Sawmill Creek. I'm sorry I can't help you but others will be along who can provide answers.

Rodne Gold
08-01-2011, 7:32 AM
Dpi = interval , it comes up in the settings panel with speeds and power etc , its by default set at .1mm = 254 dpi , setting it smaller gives a higher dpi = its 25.4/setting , ie 25.4 divided by 0.1 = 254 or divided by 0.05 would be 508 dpi
There is no PPI , there is however another setting that acts like ppi and that is if you tell the program to "dot" under processing mode (scan.cut.dot) and set the dot time , ie how long it fires for , dot interval (spacing between dots) and dot length ( how long each dot or dash will be) = sort of like a glorified ppi

Uros Sovilj
08-01-2011, 4:18 PM
Hi

Thanks for welcome and especial thanks to you Rodney. Don'tknow if you remember but you gave me few damn good advices on other forum wheni was purschasing machine. Based on yourknowledge you are willing to share i canmove forward real quick with my work. I try to do most of homework by myselfbut when i get lost i real appreciate all help i can get. Thanks again I willtry this first thing in the morning.
Uros

Tom Schulze
06-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Rodne or whoever, can you explain how to set the dot intervals? I know where to set it, I just can't seem to find any documentation on what the settings should be or what they mean.

Thanks

Tom

There is no PPI , there is however another setting that acts like ppi and that is if you tell the program to "dot" under processing mode (scan.cut.dot) and set the dot time , ie how long it fires for , dot interval (spacing between dots) and dot length ( how long each dot or dash will be) = sort of like a glorified ppi