PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen cabinet renovation

Rob Wong
08-01-2011, 4:01 AM
I started this about 4 months ago and I am finally done. I redid my cabinets that were covered with Formica. I made all new doors with Maple ply and Maple hardwood edging. Then I covered the ends of the cabinets with 1/4" Maple ply and finally the fronts were covered with PSA Maple veneer.

The first 2 pictures are how they were before. The rest is the finished kitchen with updated appliances and granite counters and natural stone tile backsplash.

My wife and I did everything ourselves except for the counter tops. We got a quote to do the cabinets from a cabinetmaker and he quoted us $9k just for the cabinets without pulls or the granite tops. We did everything including the cabinets in 2 other bathrooms for under $5k. With the appliances and granite counters with new lighting, we did the total kitchen for a little over $8k. It was a challenging project especially when I never ever did any cabinetwork before, but it sure is worth it.

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Mike Cozad
08-01-2011, 4:53 AM
Nice work! I only hope mine turns out as well this fall!

glenn bradley
08-01-2011, 6:19 AM
A beautiful transformation. You should be proud of that project. Very nice.

Sam Layton
08-01-2011, 9:55 AM
Hi Rob,

What a difference. Your kitchen turned out great. You would never know it was the same kitchen. You and your wife should be very proud.

Sam

Rob Wong
08-02-2011, 4:05 AM
Thanks for all the kind words.

I am thinking of painting the kitchen now. Any suggestions for color? I was thinking maybe red?

Thanks,
Rob

Gordon Eyre
08-03-2011, 8:11 PM
You did a great job Rob, you should be justly proud.