PDA

View Full Version : Corel Question....

Craig Matheny
07-31-2011, 8:07 PM
Corel Question....

I need to make a Template that allows the changing of the text or font, So if I have "Proud Mom" at 2" long and need to change it to "Proud Parent" it needs to automatically adjust to the 2" size so the font size changes. I have this in an add on I love but it conflicts with a program I use daily so I had to choose. I know it can be done in Corel but forgot what it is called or how to do it.
ThanksCorel Question....

I need to make a Template that allows the changing of the text or font, So if I have "Proud Mom" at 2" long and need to change it to "Proud Parent" it needs to automatically adjust to the 2" size so the font size changes. I have this in an add on I love but it conflicts with a program I use daily so I had to choose. I know it can be done in Corel but forgot what it is called or how to do it.
Thanks

Mike Null
08-01-2011, 6:44 AM
Craig

One answer for your two questions.:) I'm not aware of anything in Corel that does what you want.

Josiah Gallo
08-01-2011, 9:38 AM
Mike is right, I don't think Corel can do this natively. You could do this with a quick macro, and then it would happen within Corel. You could then setup a keystroke to change it or a toolbar button. If you need help send me a message, we write macros for CorelDraw for industrial users.

Craig Matheny
08-01-2011, 2:45 PM
Well I just got a phone call from a friend and he told me how this can be accomplished using the envelope command. Very simple concept But Josh I will send you a message also as what you do might make this easier.
Thankls

Darryl Hazen
08-01-2011, 4:08 PM
Craig,

Care to share the process with the rest of the Forum?

Craig Matheny
08-01-2011, 4:12 PM
Sure I will get the steps laid out and then post it couple hours.

Craig Matheny
08-01-2011, 4:35 PM
OK here ya go how to envelope text

Create an Envelope..

Open new window
Type "Mom" choose font size and alignment (alignment is critical being when you change from "Mom" to "Proud Mother" it will follow the alignment choice)
got to Effects - Envelope (or Ctrl+F7) side docker opens
Change to pointer (arrow) get handles (6 black squares) on text then click Add New in the Envelope Docker Window click on Apply (Do not worry about the other tabs or selections in the docker window

-You now have your text in an Envelope-

To Modify your text..

Select your text tool on the side menu
Left click on the text with your text tool (this should open an Edit Text Window)
Change your text to "Proud Mother" (do not change size or font)
Click Ok

-You now have larger text in the same area-
Try changing text size and shape do not change the alignment it does weird stuff type multiple lines of text it adjust all to fit.

Good luck and if you have any questions I will be more then happy to help

Michael Hunter
08-01-2011, 5:46 PM
Wish I knew that back when I was doing name badges regularly!

Still - it is still very useful to know how. Thanks Craig

Darryl Hazen
08-01-2011, 7:26 PM
Thanks for sharing the info Craig. Good info!

Mike Null
08-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Good info. As I have said many times, there is something to be learned everyday in Corel.

Tony Daurio
08-02-2011, 4:35 PM
Thanks Craig.
So much stuff in Corel can make our work day easier.........if someone can figure it out.