PDA

View Full Version : Corian Sign Presentation

Larry Folk
07-30-2011, 2:32 PM
I have come up with a neat way to present Corian signs (or anything else for that matter) for customer approvals with this new 3D pdf file creator that I came across.

I created the artwork in SketchUp and used Corian and Rowmark colors to fill in the design. This file can be opened up with adobe reader and there are controls at the top to spin, zoom, pan and rotate the image around.

This opens up a lot of possibilities of presenting designs for approvals and the bonus is that all of the artwork can be exported to Corel for laser cutting or to CNC for shape cutting. Music or verbal descriptions of the product can also be added to the pdf file so you can explain the design to the customer. The file would be to large with audio to upload here.

This could make it easier to come up with designs and have them viewed and approved by the customer without needing to always make a prototype or to have a face to face meeting.:cool:

Thanks,

Bob Savage
07-30-2011, 3:06 PM
All I see in the PDF is a small amount text at the bottom of the page.

Dee Gallo
07-30-2011, 3:12 PM
me too, Larry.

Larry Folk
07-30-2011, 3:27 PM
I have opened this on all of our computer here ok.
Try downloading the newest reader from here and see if that works
http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Larry

Mike Null
07-30-2011, 4:43 PM
I opened it with no problem and it's fanatastic. Thanks

Bob Savage
07-30-2011, 4:46 PM
Looks like I didn't have Adobe Reader loaded at all so it was loading in Preview. Looks good.

Scott Shepherd
07-30-2011, 5:36 PM
I have reader installed and all I see is what Dee and Bob see, text at the bottom of a blank page. I updated reader yesterday, so I know it's current.

Larry Bratton
07-30-2011, 7:45 PM
Worked for me. Very Interesting.

Larry Folk
07-30-2011, 7:50 PM
I believe if you try to view it with just the previewer you can not see everything. You need to open it completely.

Scott Challoner
07-30-2011, 8:15 PM
I didn't see anything at first either, but then I clicked the view dropdown and selected camera 1. Then it worked.
Very cool by the way Larry.

Craig Matheny
07-30-2011, 9:46 PM
Very cool "new 3D pdf file creator that I came across" what is it called?

Larry Folk
07-30-2011, 9:53 PM
The software is from this web site (http://www.simlab-soft.com/).
I have the plugin for SketchUp and that is what I used to make the pdf with.
I also have their composer software and with that you can create photo realistic rendered images to put into the pdf.

Mick A Martin
08-01-2011, 2:37 PM
Very nice Larry, I am able to view your sign with no problem