PDA

View Full Version : Folding step stool

Greg Labacz
07-30-2011, 9:20 AM
My wife asked me to make her a folding step stool for the kitchen, it has to fit between the fridge and cabinet (2"wide space). I've been looking for plans on the net with no luck. My question is: has anyone built such a stool ? Where can I get plans for such? Help!!!
otherwise I'll be sleeping in the garage...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mike Henderson
07-30-2011, 10:58 AM
My wife asked me to make her a folding step stool for the kitchen, it has to fit between the fridge and cabinet (2"wide space). I've been looking for plans on the net with no luck. My question is: has anyone built such a stool ? Where can I get plans for such? Help!!!
otherwise I'll be sleeping in the garage...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
You might be better to go buy one. They make them out of metal and fold up quite small. Even if you make one out of wood, you'll have to buy hardware for it so you'll probably be less expensive to just buy one.

You can get one with two steps that folds up nicely. I have one like that in my kitchen, stored in the pantry.

Mike

Michael Gaynes
07-30-2011, 1:12 PM
I found this doing a quick search: Lumberjocks project# 20882
He (Geedubs) used a plan from Woodsmith No. 183.

Ron Kellison
07-30-2011, 4:33 PM
http://www.woodsmith.com/magazine/sources/183/step-stool/

Regards,

Ron

Phil Rose
07-30-2011, 7:27 PM
I've built that one. I used maple, and it works great!

Dan Henry
07-30-2011, 9:37 PM
I made step stool and ironing board for my daughter years ago, the ironing board got broken so took it back thinking it would be handy to use around the shop. I had followed a plan and did not splay out the legs from the top to the bottom. After the third time fell off of it I made sure no one else would ever fall of that stool, the straight up and down on the sides is not safe. The Stool /ironing board was hit by a Truck on I 30 during a move, the stool was made very well.

Dan

Greg Labacz
08-01-2011, 9:39 AM
Anyone have the plans from woodsmith #183, I checked and I don't have this magazine. If so could you email me the plans?
phone_55@verizon.net

Thanks,

Greg

Michael Gaynes
08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I found a copy. E-mail sent.
If you have trouble opening the .pdf file please let me know.

Fred Belknap
08-01-2011, 5:18 PM
I made one out of oak from that plan. It works great, stores beside the fridge.203747

Myk Rian
08-01-2011, 7:27 PM
You might be better to go buy one.
Buy one??? With that attitude, what's the sense of having a woodworking shop?
I made one out of walnut.